Vanu Carbine (!) MATH INSIDE (!)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Frenk, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Frenk

Greetings! I just made some math to calculate the outgoing DPS of Solstice, Pulsar-C and VX-67 at different ranges. Values obtained with the VANILLA VERSION of each gun.
    EDIT: added the Serpent and some more math.

10 Meters
    Solstice: 143.000 damage @ 10 meters, with 698 RPM, which means 1663.352 damage per second.
    Pulsar-C: 167.000 damage @ 10 meters, with 577 RPM, which means 1606.039 damage per second.
    VX-67: 143.000 damage @ 10 meters with 800 RPM, which means 1906.619 damage per second.
    Serpent: 143.000 damage @ 10 meters with 845 RPM, which means 2013.869 damage per second.

20 Meters
    Solstice: 137.363 damage @ 20 meters, with 698 RPM, which means 1597.944 damage per second.
    Pulsar-C: 160.400 damage @ 20 meters, with 577 RPM, which means 1542.567 damage per second.
    VX-67: 134.400 damage @ 20 meters with 800 RPM, which means 1791.955 damage per second.
    Serpent: 134.400 damage @ 20 meters with 845 RPM, which means 1892.755 damage per second.

40 Meters
    Solstice: 126.091 damage @ 40 meters, with 698 RPM, which means 1466.816 damage per second.
    Pulsar-C: 147.615 damage @ 40 meters, with 577 RPM, which means 1419.613 damage per second.
    VX-67: 117.200 damage @ 40 meters with 800 RPM, which means 1562.600 damage per second.

Serpent: 117.200 damage @ 40 meters with 845 RPM, which means 1650.528 damage per second.

RPS (Round per Second)
    Solstice: 11.6 bullets per second
    Pulsar-C: 9.6 bullets per second
    VX-67: 13.3 bullets per second
    Serpent: 14.1 bullets per second

Considerations

Well, first of all you can all notice that the Serpent has the highest DPS, while the Pulsar-C has the highest DPB (Damage per bullet). This basically means that the Serpen kills faster that the Pulsar-C but at the same time it kills less people, assuming each bullet hits.

Conclusions

Why did I do this? Why am I tiring you? Just because I want to help you choose your weapon. Think about this: this dps value is correct IF you just click and holdyour click for the entire duration of the second AND all of the bullets hit. So if you tapfire a lot, then the Pulsar-C is your gun. If not, the VX-67. If both, Solstice could be the right choice. Remember that this is still skill based, so if you are able to tap fire and kill people with the VX-67 at medium ranges the Solstice just become useless.

And YES, I know that a little of common sense would just have led me to the same conclusions without using math.
    • Up x 2
  2. bogroll

Nice info there Frenk. Glad I got the VX-67 :)
  3. Frenk

Thank God my infos were useful for someone, afterall! Instead that helped me going back to the solstice.. I'm not the cqc guy, I'm the get behind their lines and kill them from behind (possibly while being at medium range) kind of guy. 'Im now gathering more certs to see how's the Pulsar-C compared to the solstice.
  4. Ganjis

From actually using the Pulsar C, it is in a different league in terms of accuracy at range. Even at fairly close range it can get good DPS by scoring reliable headshots with ADS.

If you like getting into a nice crow's nest and picking your targets off from 30M and above, the Pulsar C is the gun for you.

For best results use 2X scope, HVA, compensator and advanced forward grip. A higher-powered scope can make it useful for single-shot firing beyond 75M, but makes it unwieldy below 40M.

Pure, ideal DPS tells only a fraction of the story.
  5. Frenk

Yep, that's right. I'm thinking about taking the advanced forward grip and the compensator too, but the suppressor is, imho, a needed choice. I can't sneak behind enemy lines if when I kill someone I'm spotted.
  6. TeknoBug

You excluded the Serpent?
  7. Runsta

Yeah... no Serpent?
  8. Frenk

Added the Serpent and something else. Tell me, NC and TR, if you want something like this too.
  9. gregfox89

I can't explain it, but the Solstice just feels... better than the Serpent. Even though I know by the stats it's clearly much worse. It just feels better. Sure the Serpent tears through people at close range. But the odd recoil and the brutally long reload just make it really annoying a lot of the time. Solstice is so damn reliable. It just feels awesome. I don't mind the slower ROF. I'm always dying when I use my Serpent because a couple of my shots missed and I'm stuck reloading. Don't really have that problem with the Solstice...
  10. Frenk

Exactly. Pure DPS is just one of the stats a weapon has. I prefer the solstice too because of its more controllable recoil.
  11. gregfox89

People think I'm crazy when I say I don't LOOOOOVE the serpent like they do :eek:
    This weapon is so damn overhyped
    It's still fun though. I don't really regret buying it for 250 certs, but there's probably better things I could have bought with those certs.
    I think my favorite thing about the Solstice is the super-quick reload, honestly. Fast reload really fits my playstyle more than fast ROF. (I'm also a reload junkie)
  12. HerpTheDerp

Pulsar-C because as LA you don't have an easy way to replenish ammo most of the time. Pulsar-C's 30 damage per bullet means more potential people killed. Lower fire rate helps with ammo conservation as well.
  13. Zerran

I like the Pulsar-C, the higher alpha and more potential damage per clip (or would the proper term be battery? :p) are both quite nice, and with an adv forward grip the recoil is very manageable. Even being a long range carbine, it still performs well in close quarters if used properly; and as a LA I love getting to hard to reach places and sniping the enemy behind their own lines, which it does fantastically.

That said though, the solstice is also a great carbine. Not as nice as the Pulsar for medium-long range, but fantastic in medium-close range, and just a solid all-rounder.

Have yet to get the serpent, but definitely want to give it a try for close range.
  14. jak

I'm a big proponent of not showing up on the minimap as a LA, so I tend to put suppressors on most of my guns. I like the Pulsar-C, but don't love it because you gain a little bit a range at the expense of showing up on the minimap, unless you put a suppressor on the gun which is sort of against its nature.
  15. DocteurVK

Where is my Solstice - SF ?
  16. Suiradezza

[IMG]