Vanu AR most similar to Scar-H from BF4

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by N1ghtFeather, Feb 8, 2014.

1. N1ghtFeather

Hey, I was just wondering what AR would be the most similar to the Scar-H from battlefield. I am guessing it would be the Corvus, but does an experienced combat medic have any input on this?
  2. starlinvf

Definitely Corvus. Heavier caliber, easier to control, but fires slower. This makes for good ranged stability, but you suffer in CQC or in situations where you need to hip fire.
  3. Nakar

Note that the Corvus has so little recoil to begin with that you might consider running it with a Laser Sight and no Compensator, at least for close-mid engagements (if you for some reason didn't just want to run another gun). You'll not really notice the control differences within about 40-50m and the hipfire will be better, allowing you to aim for heads when in a close-quarters fight. Not ideal, but it's a far better idea than trying to unload such a low DPS weapon at center of mass.
  4. N1ghtFeather

Thanks for the imput!
  5. Littleman

I've had such luck in CQC with the Corvus, it's baffling why I perform so poorly using the 800 RPM weapons in comparison (or in other words, why they seemingly require half a mag confirmed into someone's back to kill them.)

I blame hit detection of course, but that's hard to prove.

When I play Vanu, the only three medic weapons I ever touch are the VE1, the NS-11a, and the Corvus.
  6. ikillyou1990

I prefer the CME, It is expensive to set up, but totally worth it. Sight of your choice, Compensator, Advanced Foreward grip and High Velocity. Almost no recoile, average fire rate, decent muzzle velocity and great range.
  7. N1ghtFeather

Right now I am deciding between the Corvus and the NS-11a. I have the corvus, but I will probably get the NS11a if it is on sale. What would be the pros and cons of each one?
  8. DocteurVK

NS11 has a higher Rof, yet controllable recoil and a higher default magazine...

It also has a better projectile speed than Corvus, which makes HVA not very necessary escept for extreme ranges...

They have different recoil patterns, so Try to see how you handle it before buying it...
  9. Nakar

The NS-11A has very little recoil, the Corvus has practically none.

The NS-11A has slightly better attachments and 75% ADS movespeed. The Corvus has 167 damage bullets and no bullet drop.
  10. N1ghtFeather

I just figured out that the Pulsar C is based off the Pulsar VS1. I love the Pulsar C for LA, is the Pulsar VS1 really similar? Would someone recommend it even though it is the default gun?