Valkyrie Needs Improvements

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by InvitroCanibal, Aug 22, 2014.

1. InvitroCanibal

Right now, it might as well be called the turtle, it's slow, sluggish, and the forward gun placement feels awkward when the pilot naturally wants to fly lower with it. An aircraft that bulky and slow is asking to be shot. It could just as well, have a bullseyed red flag carried behind it and candy that falls from the sky when it explodes.

The Valkyrie should be the harrasser of the aircraft world. Light, fast, maneuverable, with light anti vehicle/infantry support. Realistically it should be the fastest thing out there that can zoom in and out making it a logical choice over a galaxy for a small squad operation but not good at occupying objective points.

The valkyrie should lose the forward gun, which should be replaced by two mounted side guns operated by an exposed rumble seat infantry man one on each respective side.

It should be a vehicle that has to keep moving and needs squad support to operate effectively. With mounted guns on the sides that are operated by the rumble crew, for squad drop support. I understand that no one wants a galaxy clone, but a galaxy can effectively occupy a point and take large amounts of damage, this (theoretical) vehicles asset is its speed.

The fact that the guns are operated by the rumble crew allows offensive enemy snipers to take them out, giving it a fair play balance to it all. I honestly think it should carry more personnel, up to 6 but I think the speed of the craft and mounted guns on the side are more important. This allows the pilot to simply focus on flying and nothing else, not his placement and position. It prevents it from being a siege aggressive weapon used at high altitude combat.

It should fly fast and low with stealth and speed as its main mechanics.
  2. Ronin Oni

I'd like to see someone get sniped out of the rumble seat while I'm flying lolol

The gun on it is great. While moving at max forward speed, the nose is tilted down so much that the gunner is limited in firing angle, but you can also circle sideways at high speed giving the gunner constant eyes on a target.

The Vlak with it's primarly VThrust movement is extremely maneuverable, and can stop or change directions faster than any other aircraft.

the 4 rumble seats can use any weapon available to infantry. Might be cool if Engies cuold deploy their mana turret (hell, since a tossed C4 when flat and level lands on the Valk, there's apparently room there :p ) but I think the main attraction is going to be rocket primary heavies. You can toss an ammo box in the back for them to have infinite rockets even. Due to lock times and how much the pilot needs to change directions, dumbfires might actually be best.