[Suggestion] Valkyrie / Liberator gunner camera for pilot

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kubin, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Kubin

The idea is to provide the Valkyrie and possibly Liberator pilots with a simple tool allowing for better coordination with their gunner(s). I propose a toggleable option that would open a mini-screen (about the size of the minimap, and placed, for example, directly above it) showing exactly what the gunner sees (minus their HUD, of course - only crosshair).

I believe it'd be a great asset for Valkyrie, since its gun wasn't blessed with 360-degree rotation and the mini arrow seen on the gunner seat isn't as precise as the live-feed from gunner's perspective would be. It would allow the pilot to maneuver precisely to the needs of the gunner with far greater efficency that not even vocal communication allows.

As for Liberators, the mini-screen would have to be switchable between the 2 guns, because 2 camera-screens would be kinda too cluttery.

I deliberately skipped the Galaxy, because it's not a typical assault aircraft and therefore doesn't necessarily need such system installed.
    • Up x 1
  2. Jawarisin

In honest non-sugar-coated words:
    Once you stop sucking, you don't need a camera. You know exactly where you're pointing your gunner and what his FoV is. There's no need for verbal communication either.
    • Up x 1
  3. Liewec123

its a great idea but i don't think its possible with the engine. ;)
  4. Demigan

It's a great idea and I think it's completely and totally possible with the current engine... But with a latency factored in.

I think the best method would be to keep both player's "disconnected" from each other to keep down the lag. So the gunner doesn't send his visual data to the pilot. The game already updates the general whereabouts of where the gunner is aiming and firing, so "all" they would need to do is show a small window or visual that shows what the turret is currently seeing as opposed to the gunner sending him that data. This is probably a lot tougher than it may seem, but I think well within the realms of the game's capabilities.

Oh and ignore Jawa, his reasoning might as well be "well if all screens were completely black then you just have to git gud and locate people based on the sounds they make and any hitmarkers you can still see". As opposed to, you know, making the game fun, engaging and better playable.
    • Up x 1