Valkyrie armor buff: it's not enough

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldMaster80, Apr 16, 2015.

1. OldMaster80

I've played the Valkyrie a lot after the last update, and imho there is no way it can be a good transport vehicle.
    • Squad Logistic System must be passive, how many times do we have to suggest it still? As Valkyrie pilot you just cannot find passengers because no one wants to jump in a vehicle that gives no escape. Dying without having a chance to drop is the worst game experience every. Moreover this greatly limits the possible loadouts.
    • Resistance buff is simply insufficient: dear devs, there are still too many weapons dealing an insane amount of damage to the Valkyrie. I've maxed my Composite Armor and many times I get hit by stuff that cuts my health point by 50-60% in one shot. The vehicle you designed is SLOW, and must fly low and steady to allow passengers to fight from the rumble seat so that the landing are can be cleared. This makes the Valkyrie extremely easy to target. Because of the mandatory squad logistic system the Valkyrie is almost never fitted with Smoke or Fire Suppression, meaning it lacks additional defensive utilities. But the problem is not just lock-on rockets: it gets easily hit by AP rounds, and even by the Ravens.
    Weapon tweakss are ok, and the buffs are welcome, but you must consider to buff the Valkyrie armor much more. Until then no one will use it as transport vehicle (and of course neither as fast assault dropship). There is still not a single reason to prefer a Valkyrie to a Galaxy, but saving 200 nanites (and we all know nanites mean ZERO).