Valkrie, Striker, so on etc

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kriegson, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Kriegson

When something new gets added, is it not a better policy to add it in relatively weak and then buff it up from there? That way people don't flip the F*** out over an FoTM item and scream for nerfs until the devs overnerf it into uselessness and there it stays for months or years.

Better to introduce it slightly weaker, and gradually improve it until people start to enjoy it without the stigma of it being "OP" from its inception.

IE harassers. Why we (initially) can't have nice things.

In event of:
    [IMG]

If it needs buffs, feel free to suggest them. But don't scream about leaving the game and higbuh hating the TR and that this is all some vast conspiracy perpetuated by the lizard people.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ztiller

2 months ago:

"Omg, I'm so sick of SOE sledgehammer balancing everything! This game is a rollercoaster of OP and UP stuff!!"

SOE Changes Balancing Policy

"Omg, This is unacceptable! I want 5 million buffs to this weapon, and 50 nerfs to that weapon! "

If there is anything i learned from being an Admin and Map-Maker in Mount & Blade Warband, it is that the Community have absolutely no idea what they are talking about and what they want in 9/10 cases. With the amount of misinformation being spread around both here and on Reddit i can't blame the devs for not listening.
    • Up x 1
  3. Krokozor

they al already was suggested. soe just read their own forum.
  4. Tuco

If we're looking at trends (striker use to be OP, was nerfed till meh, then nerfed again till terrible), the striker will be killing the player that pulls the trigger by 1016.
  5. Zotamedu

I think the big thing is that people told SOE that it would be utterly useless when it was still on the test server. There's a difference between launching it UP and launching it useless. The current one is useless.

The Valkyre has it's uses but still, people were upset that they did not fix things that was reported on the test server. Like the problem with flak doing full splash damage to passengers in the rumble seats. That should never have gone live.
  6. Ztiller

The VS said the exact same thing about the Spiker and Phaseshift, but we don't make 50 posts a day saying that SOE hates VS, do we?
  7. Zotamedu

There has been a lot of crying about the Spiker so I say it's a case of confirmation bias.
  8. Ztiller

A lot of complainants, yes. Rightly so. But nobody have said "Give the Spiker 3x the damage output" or "SOE, this is unacceptable! I'm gonna stop playing!" over the Spiker.
    • Up x 1
  9. Zotamedu

It's a side arm. It's not the main infantry AV option. It's just another side arm amongst others. Had it been the lancer you would have gotten a slightly different tone. Remember when they nerfed the AV sniper rifle that was the old Saron? There was even quite a lot of crying when they nerfed the blatantly OP first ZOE. So overall, still just confirmation bias. All factions cry the same just at different times over different things.
  10. Frostiken

Or they could implement it properly the first time. You know, like most competent developers manage to do.
  11. Ztiller

The Spiker was also a new release, while the Striker have been bad and unused for a long time and you have been fine without it.

Yeah, all factions cry a lot. But i see a whole lot more "SOE hates us" and ""I'm gonna stop playing" from the TR, which is funny since most of you have not used the Striker for a year anyways so your gameplay should be completely unchanged.