[BUG] Utility Pouch Not Providing Extra Explosives?

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Shiaari, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Shiaari

Is anyone else experiencing this?

On my Engineer I certed C4 and was granted the ability to carry 1 brick of C4. I then certed rank 1 Utility Pouch, which took the place of my Flak Armor in my Suit Slot and enabled me to carry 2 bricks of C4.

I can now only carry 1 brick again. I've double checked my slots, triple checked my resupply, and my C4 carrying capacity is back to 1.

Is this a bug? Or a change?

Does rank 1 Utility Pouch no longer enable me to carry an extra brick of C4?
  2. Tak

Did you also cert the second C4?
  3. Shiaari

No, I didn't have too. Rank 1 Utility Pouch enabled me to carry an extra. Extra C4 plus rank 1 Utility Pouch should enable me to carry 3.
  4. flipmoomonkey

Just tested this now and I can drop 2 fine, have the exact same set up with a single C4 and the utility pouch. It may be a bug with one of your loadouts perhaps, I'd try and strip down a different loadout than the one you normally use and pop your c4 setup on that one instead, if it's still not working then make a ticket.
  5. Shiaari

Yeah I figured it out too. Apparently auto-resupply only provides 1. To carry the extra I must manually resupply it. That really should change I think.
  6. Xasapis

Auto resupply just works if your explosives, grenades etc go to zero, then it buys one. If you actually want to make a proper 40 items stock, you need to do it manually. Check your resources regularly and replenish before they hit 750, because beyond that any resource gained is wasted.

On a side note, you don't need a terminal to restock. All you need to do is go to the classes screen (hit M, select pistol icon, select specific class), then select the specific expendable item as if you were in the terminal screen and resupply. Two limitations here. This method restocks only stock, not what you can carry. It also restocks up to the top amount minus what you carry. So if you can carry 3 items, the max you can restock with it is 37.
  7. o.Solei.o

I really wish there was a tooltip for resupply, and a second resupply option that used each tick of surplus resources that would normally be wasted to restock your stores. I don't like having to micro my resources, especially when a full 750 will only by me 2-3 loads of mines.

That said, I would really like to see some resource management options in-game. I started taking planes as disposable air-taxis because those resources just go to waste. I think this undermines the entire point of the system, encouraging people to throw away things that others find valuable. It's also a complete hack-around for rapid response teams. I actually got rolled last night by half a squad of TR using mossies as throw-away air taxis and bailing over the point and gunning everyone down while their planes burned. Neat tactic, but makes rapid ground transport (flashes, buggies) pretty pointless.
  8. Compass

Auto Resupply does nothing except buy more if you run out of spares. I always keep my explosives at 40+ manually.

Furthermore, the game itself "recognizes" your carrying capacity as what you can carry without utility belt.

So I have Level 2 Utility Belt for example, so I can bring 3 C4 or 4 AT Mines

In the terminals, it will say 2/40 C4 or 3/40 AT mines when I do not have the class equipped. Why? I don't know. Does it impact my gameplay? Not enough to risk them breaking something else to fix it. Just always keep spares above 10 and it will resupply properly when you spawn and when you manually grab more.