Using the AOE Heal as a sort of shield?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by pumpkinpies, May 31, 2013.

1. pumpkinpies

Can it heal your hp fast enough on a 1v1 if you pop it before a fight to make any noticeable difference?
  2. ArcKnight

yes and no depends on what weapon your going up against and how skilled your opponent id

it does allow you to survive an extra 2 or 3 bullets, not sure if it lets you survive an extra shotgun shell at point blank
  3. }{ellKnight

It's efficiency goes up the more your opponent misses because the less frequent are his hits the more the regen can heal you between hits. If you're up against a guy who can aim it won't make a noticeable difference.

It will not save you from a shotgun shell due to the fact that shotguns rely on burst damage not continuous damage and the fire rate on them is too high for the regen to have an impact on the outcome.

It can help but it's not an I win button.
  4. loleator

Like others have said, helps on prolonged fights, has almost no impact on short fights.
  5. Seranov

I generally don't even bother trying to use it as a shield, because any decent player is going to be shooting me in the head repeatedly, and it just can't even begin to keep up with that kind of damage.

It'll let you survive an extra body shot or two from a 143 damage weapon, but that's about it.
  6. Hypest

Take a common scenario. You are playing as a medic you are getting shot, your shield is broken.

Shooter (with an average carbine/AR):
    - a gun with 143 dmg and the RoF of 750
    - hit ratio of 30% (25% would be so low you could not achieve a kill from one 30 round magazine).

Target:
    - maxed out nanoweave, 625 HP (or supposed to be, since it might be broken)
    - does not receive head- or legshots

Hitpoint / damage / time
    0s 982 (when the first bullet hit you the timer starts)
    0,24s 839
    0,48s 696
    -143 (shield breaks, you get 72 damage to your health, AoE starts to heal)
    0,72s 553
    0,96s 410
    1,2s 267
    1,44s 124
    1,68s dead

The problem, that i don't know the rate of healing. To survive one more bullet it needs to heal 20HP in 96 milliseconds, which is probably possible. For two more bullets you would need 163 HP healed in 96 milliseconds. If you have NW5, one health bar represents 31,25 health points, so 163 HP is 5,2 bar.

But remember, this is only assumptions. In reality, you are going to die from one good burst and not getting hit by only every third bullet. If every bullet hits, that is a 0,64s TTK. Barely more than half a second.
  7. Mostadio

It works wonders in long range fights where the chance of missing is high and shots have to be fired either semi or in bursts. Basically wherever the NS-11 excels, it'll make a huge difference.
  8. Being@RT

It's still worth using even in closest quarter battles, because you will definitely take damage you'd need to heal after the battle anyway and if you're going to die having saved that energy does you no good. Sometimes it helps you win, sometimes it helps you deal a bit more damage before dying yourself, sometimes it helps you survive. I have some real trouble figuring out a situation where it could be actively harmful to you or your teams efforts to activate it when under fire at ranges where a real threat of dying exists.
    • Up x 2
  9. hansgrosse

I've found that it can help in many situations, but as has been said it doesn't guarantee a win.

Whenever I get into a fight or take damage I reflexively pop the regen. I've won plenty of fights on a bar or two of health remaining, and in the vast majority of situations I have that health regen to thank for it.

Take that for what it's worth. :p
    • Up x 1
  10. Calisai

The only thing I can think of would be at night, throwing a green glow around everyone around you to point them out to the enemy. (say like an infil in the shadows or something).... It's a reach, but it could be detrimental. As a sniper, I've fired at the green glow before when I didn't notice a guy there before.

Of course, very situational, and in reality, it probably wouldn't make a huge difference either way.
  11. Slaidd

Against anything that's shooting you, and actually hitting you, the healing regen thing, won't do jack. You're still going to die if you don't have cover to get to or you don't kill the person you're shooting at.

Now, when you're not taking fire, sure, it can be nice to throw that up and regen your health. But it's not that fast to regen and even fully certed out, takes a good amount of time to regain power.

I guess every little bit helps, so I'm definitely glad to have it. But the bottom line is, it's really kind of just a built in resto kit. And it's something that's necessary since we can't use our med tool on ourselves, which I still don't understand why we can't do that too, but that's another thread I guess.
  12. KnightCole

I don't have any real issue killing medics who pop the pretty green glow =D I never remember letting me live when I played a medic.

It might work to heal you back up if you get away or survive a fight, but it wont substitute for the HA shield.
  13. IamnotAmazing

yes I run full nanoweave and max aoe and I beat 99 percent of heavies
  14. KnightCole

well, 99% of players in general cant aim and certainly dont aim for the head. Since I began doing that....boy...the results were more than satisfying.
  15. HerpTheDerp

It's been calculated ages ago that health regen in general(also the one from Biolab) gives you one extra bullet of life no matter the damage tier.

That's without the NW.
  16. TheMonkey

You get better results the longer you have survived. If you rush in CQC you will get little to no benefit, if you are getting nicked off at range it can be a life saver.
  17. YuanrangJA

Ultimately, it all comes down to this:

It does not harm you or make you easier to kill if you get fired upon, but it is more likely to actually increase your chance of survival. Considering you also want to cert into the AOE heal and max it out after the Revive Tool and some basic armor protection, you are going to have it availible regardless, so might as well use it instead of letting it stay unused. It might help you, or it will not. Even surviving now and then is better than always dying. :p
    • Up x 1
  18. Crewell

The real question isn't if people use this or not. The question is if you are a medic taking fire, why wouldn't you use it to help survive.
    • Up x 1
  19. JimmyJazz

I always use the AOE heal when I take damage as a medic.

Like someone else in here said, if you're going to die anyway, who cares if you waste energy? That's really all there is to it.
  20. KnightCole

No it does not wrk as a shield at al. Ive tried n failed. My cm is gettinf owned. 2.93kd i think atm