Using Recon Detect Device no longer reveal your position

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ravenorth, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Ravenorth

Rejoice fellow Infiltrators!

I dont know how many of you have noticed this, but I just confirmed this with a friend, firing a recon dart doesn´t make your blip appear on enemy´s minimap anymore. We fired multiple darts and couldn´t see anything on our minimaps, I dont know how if its a bug or intended feature, but I certainly hope they keep it that way.

Those who didnt know for some reason:

Firing a recon dart used to reveal your position as if you have fired with unsuppressed weapon, which made using it a bit nuisance sometimes.

Happy infiltrating everyone!
    • Up x 5
  2. Valena

It's probably another intended change that they 'forgot' to mention in their patch notes. I really would have liked to know about this sooner, but thanks for testing and confirming it.
  3. Mustarde

Another thing to chalk off my list of grievances.

Thanks for the PSA!!!
  4. Scan

It's been like this for a good few months now. Must have been somewhere around or just before GU10.

First noticed this when I heared a close by enemy infiltrator fire his recon dart, but not popping up on my minimap.

Confirmed this by firing a few darts myself, and noticed I didn't get swarmed by the enemy.
  5. CuteBeaver

I just tested this my friend Nerdfest. I jumped onto my TR character and we fired darts at each other. This is better then the bloody nanoweave suprise. No blips any longer! Woohoo <3 So happy right now! I Love surprises! I think i remember you posting something about that Scan. I really should have checked sooner.

Thanks Sony :)

[IMG]
  6. Scan

Yeah I think I did..... but nobody ever listens to me. :(
  7. Ravenorth

Too bad I missed that when you mentioned it, I could have checked this much earlier, however first I also noticed that enemies were less likely to change their direction towards me when I fired a dart, but I was too skeptical to actually beleave they didnt see my blip, so I just thought they were some noobs or something :rolleyes: After chasing a fellow enemy infiltrator and hearing him firing the dart made me think about it for real.