US East NC loses 99% of alerts for how many months years?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, May 19, 2023.

1. AuricStarSand

I'm from US West, trying US East & now BR 28 NC alt.

I don't want to blame only NC for this. VS is at fault for trying to ninja win as if faction leadership is anywhere equal at all, It isn't. & TR need to stop encouraging NC to lane smash turtle farm all hour.

WHY does VS even play for the alert on this server?!?! VS are equally as lame as nc is, for not making alts to help nc AGES AGO. Knowing that NC lose this much on US East. I find VS just as much trolls, for vet stacking & thinking their so pro when they are playing on EZ MODE.

Then VS will act as if they aren't " trying to win or play to win " when I post these photos of chat. When factually that's all they do is try to win alerts every single time.

Obviously Outfits are not helping, as if outfits weren't bad enough on US West for playing for the alerts too much as Wildcards does, for zerging to monopolize tech plants all week. Without farming unique regions enough. I had no clue I was gonna encounter the opposite effect with nc east, where one faction has absolutely ZERO ninja skills & ignores ninja'ing 1000%.

I'm not able to outfit recruit anyone on either server, since everyone is so clueless how to leave their outfit and think outside the box. & since people have outfits, that's less people to recruit for pub squads as well. So pub squads is just endless clicking lil dots for " This person already has a squad ".

NC East has been the worst faction I've seen out of all 6 factions for 2 different servers. They lose 20 out of 20 alerts, we won one time by a fluke, from a sunderer I placed once at the last minute. So 1 win, 20 losses.

The funny thing is NC East has double to 3 times the pop of US West's NC, yet are extreme map amatuers of comparison. So obviously " more pop " doesn't make for smarter players. Someone mentioned how I wasn't playing at prime time, for this post here: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...us-east-as-us-west-so-far-meaningless.261052/

As I said 6pm, yet 6pm PST is 9pm EST. So I was playing prime time.
    I've played all times, all day for 2 days now, makes no difference. 48-96 per map are ALWAYS going to TURTLE FARM.

They turtle farm so much it's almost ignorant. I would say they are amatuers at ninja'ing, yet to say someone is a amatuer means they are " bad at alert winning ". However this isn't bad, they don't even try, they just quit at trying over a year or ago or something, I wouldn't know I just joined this server. Seems they are use to turtle farming one region all hour for many months tho. So use to it, no amount of yelling & witty replies gets them to budge. Heck not even 40 shield & attack beacons gets them to budge to help ninja a region.

So NC is always going to have 48-96 braindead farmers for every alert till VS vets switch over to make NC alts, that's the only non extreme solution. & so far the VS vets think they sooo coool winning alerts, they won't switch. Even if the tug of war for the map is the lamest equality ever. I don't even know how VS & TR find trying to win the alert fun, if 1/3rd of the entire server is wasted on this fair play of the alert.

The extreme solution? DELETE OUTFITS, & Allow people to report Squad leaders who don't play for the alert. Thus making pub squad leaders more important than outfit leaders. Or else have alerts that are boring landslide victories non stop for one to 2 factions only, while the 3rd faction gets demonlished everytime. Same goes for outfit wars, blame outfit, for landslide victories, making only 2 outfits out of 30 outfits have a good time.
    • Up x 1
  2. AuricStarSand

NC do have more amatuers, yet they are so use to mindless farms, its pure ignorance at this rate. They won't budge for no amount of motivation or hand holding. They only know how to lane smash turtle farm. & they reply to me with " Farm is forever " so over hearing that excuse.

I wasn't the only leader chat person who switched to a NC & found their win rate unfun. Another guy mentioned how he switched from TR to NC & he wanted to alert win. Yet they lost too much & it's demoralizing him. TBH it's demoralizing anyone who enjoys the map or alert for faction.

NC pretends they don't want to win. Till they do win once per 20 runs or almost win. & you can tell some of them enjoy winning alerts. When I helped them win once, they titled it " Rare NC win ".

Their leaders need to stop platoon waypointing some meaningless farm. I've tried going along with their farm train & enjoying that, yet it gets sooo repetetive. We'll be stuck at TI for 30 min or some other region, where you know the farm has played itself out. Then they'll stay there for a extra 40 min after that 30 min.

Or they'll attack TR for a farm stalemate, when NC & VS are tied for 40% half the map. & their platoon leads will send them to farm the tr, when we own half the map. Like I said ignorant levels of farming, the worst ninja faction of 2 servers.
  3. AuricStarSand

[IMG]

Exhibit A) NC Owns half the map. I helped them take TI, to Acan. Lost 4 regions that I sunderered. Why? Because they want to farm the TR Warp?! wth. Loses the whole map.

[IMG]

B) Winning the map when photo, they stay at TI for 30 min, then stay at TI for another 40 min. Yell at them to help west 100 times. They don't. 20 of my outside mid ninja sunderers die. They stay at TI, even if it's just a road stalemate where you don't even get to run outside the road without dying. Lost the alert.

[IMG]

C) TR leads & where do they send the zerg?? Top right to fight vs for no bloody reason. Stupidly also I just bought shield & attack beacons, only to findout nobody on this server listens to them. See how some guys spammed Advari Containment. Well nobody went to help Advari Containment, the main zerg didn't go there all 30+ mins of beacons there. They went top right to Northpoint after the Saerro farm was over.

[IMG]

D) Me chatting with VS how they should make NC alts and help the NC lead away from brainless farms. While the VS lie & pretend they don't play ninja for alerts 24/7. VS won this alert btw, NC lost at the last second, due to TR not helping worth a hoot.

[IMG]

E) Me getting fed up with the platoon leader who had his platoon waypoint at the Ascent all hour. So I wanted to tk him 3 times & did. lol. Is it toxic? Not as toxic as him keeping his platoon waypoint at a Ascent road farm, where 48-96 noobs have to hike up a road dying for 1 hour. & totally ignores leader chat. Tried to hold Chinmey Rock with 24 allies & nearly took the SW map tower with only 1 flag point needed, lost that, due to Ascent farmers.

P.s. Half of the NC pop do play the alert, it's the other half which never do. So 48 - 64 guys play the alert at times, while 48-96 do not. So essentially ALL the attempts of the 48-64 ninja'ers leads to 3 regions which are stalemates every single alert, we can't ninja one single region, nor hold one single region. We stalemate at 24vs24 or 48vs48. While the main 48-96 other allies turtle farm.

It has more to do with laziness and blind ignorance, then it is a skill issue. Yes theirs many new nc players, yet has more to do with never trying. The non alert platoon leaders need to fall off the map tbh.

I've titled this faction as the equivalent to playing Classic WoW 2 years ago. Playing Alliance, fighting the Horde, at Alterac Valley battlegrounds. Where the win rate was 1% & you lost 99% of av bg's, till I quit the game. kek.

I tried to settle for joinng their mindless farm today & giving up trying to win alerts, the interest doesn't last long tho. They aren't even that great at mindless farms either, heh. Seems if you lack ninja skills you also lack flanking skills for mindless farms & outsmart the enemy dueling skills.

The rule should be, mindless farms if you're the #1 or #2 empire of your server & to not mindless farm if you're the #3 most failing alert empire. I've told NC this multiple days, half still won't listen.

Lastly VS is to blame too, they are first place, being pro isn't vet stacking for ez alert mode, it's aiding the underdog faction with a alt who offers leadership.
  4. Booling

Crying in /yells and /tells to random platoon leaders is the most anti-productive thing you can do. Clearly they didn't ask for your advice, so you should not be bothering them.

You say VS on East are just trolls for "vet stacking" as if there was some grand conspiracy among the top players to win all the Alerts...? Having such a poor mindset must completely suck the fun out of this game for you.

I'd recommend joining a real outfit and just following orders & being a good soldier. That means being a helpful team player and not whining about situations out of your control. Then if you improve, you can eventually take leadership over a squad and make positive macro decisions.

You'll know you're doing it correctly if people actively ask for your strategical input, rather than you giving it in the form of unsolicited complaints to strangers.
  5. Nepas77

- I've been here since 2016 so let me give you a clear insight.

-What you are seeing my friend is the result of Wrel's bias and incompetence.

-Everyone says its the VS "leadership" its true but only to an extent.

-But has anyone asked, for how long the game is running, did NC and TR have competent leaders?

-WE DID. Till Wrel came along. The moment he officialy became lead dev he nerfed both TR and NC.

-We had good platoons that was decimated by ONE SQUAD of 5kdr Betelgeuse users.

-I knew a lot of good platoon/squad leaders became so demoralized either quit or switch. Platoon leaders now are either too new with no one to depend on or know its too futile.

-Yet you know who he massively nerfed? The freaking NC. You're getting the pattern now right?

-Now imagine the game running like that for YEARS! I cannot emphasize YEARS enough.

-Now here we are, the cycle of BS that is pratically irreversable unless a better dev comes along. But even then it would take a miracle to fix the damaged that WREL CAUSED.

P.S. TR and NC likes to fight each other more and don't care about alerts anymore because fighting VS is just frustrating, which again, is thanks to Wrel.
  6. AuricStarSand

NC won some games last weekend. Was proud of them.

Well one legit Esamir win & almost won Indar if some amateur bastard squad lead didn't keep his 24-48 nc guys at Crossroads fighting TR for the last 20 min, while we lost to VS with 1% of the map.

I figured theirs also more new players before & after this new fortification.
    I'm guessing yelling at them over a week & some forum threads may have encouraged them 30% to try to win for last weekend.

TR & NC should still farm each other less & double fight VS more.

The reasons? I don't believe it's items tbh. While the Lasher is tough to deal with, theirs Helios for fair trade.
    VS I find have the worst styled pistols, smg's, & scout rifles. Where I can't find one I enjoy, while TR & NC I have at least one pistol, smg, & scout rifle I favor.

VS have the easiest no bullet drop Light Assault guns it seems, yet I never found them super entertaining to use. However I don't find any factions Carbines super entertaining.

The real reason the vets stack VS, isn't for items, it's for style. They seem to mitigate for the style of just the scifi faction, it's really that simple. Some other reasons is Magrider is the easiest MBT to use & has the most useful ability.

Reasons TR & NC fight eachother even tho VS vets out vet them. Well I assume psychologically VS being PURPLE means theirs less threatening even if they win way more often. So TR & NC fight the less threatening purple. Imagine if their was a dark empire shaded dark, more people would fight that empire.

Overall it's the Vet stacking, not the items, for why vs leads. Vets means more ninjaing. Why do they Vet stack? Scifi style & Magriders is why.

As for items, NC & TR have better items for the mains I want to play. Stalker main? TR & NC has pistols. SMG Hunter Infil? TR has favorite SMG's. & NC has best Auto Scout rifle.

Other than that TR & NC's shotguns are also are more shotgunny than VS's are.

As for who's winning the MBT war, for sure Magriders are. Simple fact that NC's shield & TR's anchor isn't as entertaining to use as Magburner is. The devs should def make TR & NC's tank abilities more entertaining to use. Since they both play too similar to a stronger Lightning than an actual unique tank, that is the Magrider.

The Vanguard shield is useful & Prowlers Barrage is useful. Just simply being useful isn't enough to get people to pull multiple rounds of these tanks enough times. Magrider ability for non stop hover hill traversing speed traveling & dodging shots, is more fun to use than a simple timed buff to damage or defense.
  7. AuricStarSand

TBH TR are hella bothersome on this server. All they do is farm NC. For today when were helping them win, they try to backdoor NC when we own TI Indar, Indar Comm too, they take those of ours, at the last 10 min instead of honorably trying to fight VS.

Why would I want to help you (the tr) win, by sending 96+ to fight VS at Regent Rock, if you're gonna be a *** and take NC's territory instead of fighting vs for the last 20 min.

" Hey lets help you while your steal our regions "

NC had 26% territory, while VS & TR are tied at 37%. & yet TR ninja our regions the heck.

Freaking East Coast man.
    Gosh I wish US West had more pop, they are way more respective for how they farm or play the alert.

If only NC knew how to ninja squad reploy to 12-24 more often & split their zerg, we'd have a shot.

Found TRs shameless thievery for their indar alert win, worst than VS's vet stacking elitist ninja strats.
  8. AuricStarSand

NC alt got double teamed on Amerish. 48-96 enemies on 2 fronts.. When we had a 46% land lead. We got knocked down to 24% at the 30 min mark.

So fun. This server is bunch of backstabbers.

At this rate VS should be banned from trying to win alerts on this server. Makes no sense for them to try to win. Nobody gives a hoot. TR & NC farm x10 more often than VS does.

TR won twice today, VS won twice. Then when NC tries to win they both have to relentlessly backstab the NC and send 2 fronts of 48-96 at us. Joke server for alert wins.

What's the result? NC doesn't try to win anymore? & VS are the only faction that tries to win? Joke server.

When VS took the Bastion NC lost 4 regions. We were busy fighting 48-96 TR at Chimney Rock. Then we make sure VS don't win by cutting them off at mid too as revenge. Result is TR won. Yet TR never fought VS for the 2nd half of the alert, they just farmed NC as usual.

At this rate I wish the devs just calculate what factions win and lose the most per week and give the 2 factions that lose the most various passive buffs. For sure give the least alert won faction some passive buffs.

Would be nice for new win mode conditions, that don't allow 2 empires double teaming the third. Heck even DeathMatch makes the empire that gets double teamed, to have the opposite effect, they score more kills & win. While if you get double teamed for this ninja fest you lose.

VS seem to believe they get double teamed too, the only difference is VS try to win 24/7 while the other 2 factions don't. & TR def enjoy farming NC more.
  9. Mechwolf

Well, if I were you, I'd get a mic and try to lead a platoon. You're going to need to be the change you want to see on your server, or switch servers if winning means that much to you.

Nobody would make reporting players for not playing the objective a viable update in any game, and it definitely wouldn't be easy to enforce if it was.

Idk which "NC East" server you're on, however there's more than likely a competitive outfit you can join, the caveat is you're probably going to have to be super active and actually keep up with trainings.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mechwolf

One more thing in your rant you have to consider. The lattice system makes certain bases absolutely needed. The Bastion, Crux Headquarters, and Auraxis Firing Range are all bases that if they're taken, that could break the alert if it's not taken back quickly. They have too many benefits to leave undefended.
  11. JibbaJabba

My faction gets double teamed constantly and always loses alerts. All our good weapons got nerfed and the other two factions are OP. Those factions conspire and stack all the good players.
    • Up x 3
  12. VV4LL3

It's interesting, yet not new. I've spent time on all factions with top outfits to discover how different the cultures are, as are the demographics on those factions. I cannot speak for US East, however Connery, is an interesting animal.

VS typically has the lowest population but underdogs the most due to good platoon leaders and communication among the faction. You'll see population shifts too mid game where a large drop/gain between factions indicating people logging off their alts and switching to mains, typically to bolster TR. I see a drastic lack of leadership in general on the NC side with few exceptions of incredibly skilled players, but overall -- again, not sure that's a Wrel-fault, or faction mechanics issue.

I'd be very interested in validating these observations to know the Income, Age Range, Education Level, Military or Organized Sport Experience, etc... levels per faction. What I have found though, is I do enjoy winning, a lot actually, but I enjoy having a challenging fight and fun with friends I've made in our outfit/ faction. It was much more difficult to make friends or meaningful connections with some of the personalities present in in other factions.

Take some, lose some, I suppose?
    • Up x 1
  13. UberNoob1337101

Not wrong though, on Miller, NC is the most played faction by vets because of generally good randoms and Outfit Wars practice.

But it only gives me motivation to continue playing to carry TR.

@OP, I suggest finding like-minded NC players, leading squads/platoons and setting goals small. Getting tilted over alert losses has ruined my enjoyment of the game once, but once you simply don't care if you win or lose but just play to win (and have some fun along the way heh) your enjoyment will improve dramatically.

But yea, for some reason Emerald NC is just... what it is. Platoon leads rly don't care and almost all of the players don't either, best to treat it as a turn your brain off faction where you shoot red and purple mans.
    • Up x 1
  14. VV4LL3

I agree. I've seen toxic leadership in all the factions top outfits. Reminds me of World of Warcraft. The Alliance had the largest population of younger players, which led to a slew of other issues related to age, but was offset by older working professionals. The Horde, however, was saturated with more college aged players that had greater skill, but lacked social sense and leadership. I see similarities here.

This is purely anecdotal for Connery, but I've noticed a similar trend. Younger players on NC - less skilled and organized. More teen-college aged players on TR - more skilled less organized. and VS has the professional corps of adults. Less skilled, but more organized. Again, completely anecdotal. TR on Connery was probably the most difficult to socialize with (highest toxic player count), however, NC the most difficult to play with (least organized as a faction). Since I run only NSO, the game kept assigning me to VS more frequently due to the low pop, and realized the folks there were the most mature... sans the handful of toxic dreadfuls that simply have no idea that this game isn't real life.
  15. Domonvoi

It has almost been 10 years since I last posted on these boards and only about 9 months since I picked this back up.
    I was wondering what thread would make me come back and this just happens to be it.

I can tell you the problem isn't a problem, it is part of Emerald's faction lore now.
    The factions aren't playing the same game and truthfully the devs didn't and still don't see anything wrong with it, in a way they almost encouraged it. This is and will always be a mini sandbox game.

VS are usually the tacticians, they go for map control and aren't afraid to know when to fallback. They will create skirmish groups to attack the low pop points just as much as creating a zerg force to go after key choke-points or encircle them if the time is right. They can read the world map and know when and how to cutoff lines or backcap. Also they know the force needed to capture a base and are usually organized.
    If you want to play mostly a fast mobile, skirmish basecap, small battles, with a couple of large fights, this is your faction on Emerald.

TR are the kingmakers/mid-point.
    As said in above posts they will goad NC into a never ending meatgrind at an almost useless point but at the same time keep an eye on VS as well. When the time is right, usually with 30min or so of alert being over, they decide which faction should win assuming VS hasn't warpgated NC completely or at least try to save face.
    If you want a hybrid where there is usually at least one meatgrind where you will always have someone to shoot at but every now and then a break and do some small skirmish fighting, TR will welcome you.

NC are all about combat.
    NC follow a meatgrinder ideal where if 5 will do it bring 10. If 10 won't do it bring 20 or respawn 10 more and try again.
    It doesn't matter what the map says if there is a large battle to be had NC will be there. Usually this is vs TR due to the above but at the end when VS are trying to stave off a NC zerg after TR releases the meatgrind it can be against VS as well. Alerts mean little during primetime, it is pure FPS or pew pew. Zergs are common and will overextend until cutoff or die out.
    If you just want to relax and shoot people on your fav choke points and not worry about alerts the executives at NC want you.

In a way this allows a user to play three different game styles in one game on a certain server. Short of changing the alerts to mean something or another foundational change I don't see it changing anytime soon. The real question is since it has been going on for months/years and since it is pretty much faction lore is it worth changing it especially with larger problems to tackle it first? I don't think so since right now we still have max pop queues every night and I don't think the devs do either. Just know which play-style you're in the mood for before you enter the sandbox...
    • Up x 1
  16. Snow Sheltie

What fun to come visit the forums now and then to see what players are whining about. I'll throw in my two cents here.
    For a bit of background, I played almost exclusively NC at the game's launch on Jaeger, then Watterson (when they merged) then Emerald. I was one of the senior officers and for a good while the XO for Phoenix Battalion so I've had plenty of time at the Squad Lead, Platoon Lead and (at least for PHX) Ops lead, which was basically being the overall commander of two (or on rare occasion, three) platoons.

The most fun I had playing this game was while in a leadership role where I treated the game more like a RTS than a FPS and towards the end of my play time I was more focused on trying to set up good battles than going all tryhard on alerts or mindlessly grinding away for hours at a single base. It was possible with a leader who knew what they were doing and who had that commanding voice to get even the most disorganized rabble into something representing an Imperial Guard regiment, though how much time it would take me varied from ten minutes to an hour or more.

What compelled me to quit the game? Short answer, I couldn't play with my outfit anymore. Long answer, when Daybreak decided to declare that all three factions must have equal population numbers on all continents no matter what, it made it bloody impossible to play with my outfit and, eventually, this combined with other nonsense going on at the time compelled me to quit the game and so long as that pop balance thing exists, I will never play again, which is sad.

So anyway, a few of my own comments there

This is hands-down the worst, most idiotic thing you could do to this type of game. Now correct me if I'm wrong but from your post you appear to be lamenting the lack of any coordinated efforts of the NC to run strategies to win alerts. Removing the one thing that allows players to organize and avoid (or at least minimize) the mindless zerging mentality is ascinine and will encourage even more mindless zerging than ever.

Outfits allow players the ability to organize into coherent (or at least semi-coherent) fighting forces as opposed to mindlessly zerging to the nearest percieved threat. The big appeal this game had for me was the ability to organize into large formations that other games like the battlefield series never remotely came close to creating. Unfortunately Daybreak, in their pursuit of the COD playerbase, made updates and changes that effectively chased away players like myself who were interested in the strategic and tactical roles the game provided.

The playerbase itself can take just as much of the blame as Daybreak as well. The sheer amount of ******** drama I saw from other NC outfits or even some of the mutinous members in my own outfit would've been enough to drive one insane. Since I completely ignored it, I wasn't affected by it but I did see the stupidty greatly affect other COs, sometimes to the point of them quitting.
  17. JibbaJabba

I was being facetious. Notice I didn't say which faction. :p

This might be the closest thing I said to truth though. On emerald over the course of years there as a bit of stacking on TR at first, then years of VS. And now everyone has moved to NC (contrary to the ******** the OP is saying). This is only that top couple percent of players though and outside of group ops they'll scatter among all 4 factions when playing solo.

As a whole though: Faction balance is really good. I can tell because all 3+ factions complain about the same things and have the same victim complex.. The grass is always greener... The OP has a bad case of it.