[Suggestion] Upping damage of NC weapons, even if RoF has to decrease

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MichaelMoen, Apr 28, 2022.

1. MichaelMoen

NC's entire theme is supposed to be "hard hitting". That's reinforced by the lore that NC weaponry uses Coilgun technology. So why do we have options like the Promise? 143 with a high RoF. That's a TR weapon. From my point of view the Promise should've had the stats from the Gladius.
  2. Demigan

It depends.

These guns can theoretically fire the next bullet before the first has left the barrel. This usually does mean you have to use less energy per launch, dealing less damage.

So it depends on the energy source. The Promise simply has the energy capacity for firing at that rate of fire, velocity and bullet energy. Technically the NC should both have the highest ROF weapon available and the highest damage weapon, as this technology can fire bullets faster than gas expansion ever can. The Lancer but with a solid slug would be an excellent NC weapon, charging up to penetrate enemy armor with ease.

Also the way these guns work spreads the recoil over the entire barrel, rather than most of the recoil force happening upon ignition of the propellant. This would mean that NC weapons would also suffer the least recoil for the same damage profile.

We cant really apply real life physics to this and keep it fair for the other two factions.
  3. Liewec123

i'm against this.
    slower firing weapons require more skill to use because every shot that you miss
    will punish you far more than if you are spraying a bullet hose.
    and yet this greater skill requirement isn't rewarded with faster TTKs.

the example that i use is SAW, Carv and Orion.
    due to SAW's slow rate of fire you lose a whopping 12% of your DPS each time you miss a shot.
    you'd think for this downside you would have a faster TTK than the competition if you can land your shots,
    but that isn't even the case, carv and orion both pump out an identical 1,787 DPS while SAW pumps out 1,660 DPS.

so not only are you punished more for missing, but you aren't even rewarded with higher DPS for landing your shots.