Updates

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Biddion, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Biddion

Why the slow updates? This is the second week in a row 74mb updates have taken over 30 minutes to download and install. Maybe 1 hour +.
  2. n0pax

This^ I'd really like to hear a response to this. The 84 mb update the other day took me around 4 hours to download on 115 mb/s internet.
  3. Goretzu

Whilst the server performance has been bad for me recently, the updates are still reasonably under 1 min for me.
  4. Eternaloptimist

I minute for me
  5. eldarfalcongravtank

huh? i download these 74mb updates in less than 3 minutes. and my internet aint even good.

that said, i already feel sorry for you when there's a 350mb game update.
  6. BlueSkies

You need to keep in mind that it isn't just downloading a file. DBG uses delta patches (so instead of downloading the entirety of a file that has been changed, it downloads the changed bit and then your computer has to literally patch the changed file). This saves a considerable amount of bandwidth but if your CPU and HDD are a little underpar it can take a bit of time to actually patch the files.
  7. AxiomInsanity87

Are you using steam?.

If so, delete and download the client off the home page.

If you are using steam and don't want to do the above, then you reap what you sow.
    • Up x 1
  8. prodo123

Check your disk load. PS2 launcher is notorious for completely loading your hard drive. If you have anything else running it's likely to cause some issues.
    • Up x 1
  9. Biddion

I was using Steam. I went to the website and got the client as well. The first 99% of the 10GB installed quickly. But I noticed that, too, grinded to a halt. I couldn't say how long it took since I went to bed.

Getting the newest update now; it seems to be faster but not how it used to be.
  10. AxiomInsanity87

It's less buggy.

I got a bug from steam not updating with the client or something and i was using the ubgl pre nerf but it was really buggy and didn't work properly. It caused all kinds of issues with the whole game for me.

Downloaded the client off ps2 home and it runs much better. A few mates had to do the same as well.
  11. Biddion

I did so. I don't notice much difference.
  12. RykerStruvian

I noticed some issues with this too but I think it is related to the network at large. Networking routing for a lot of datacenters has been fussed up with a series of outtages. I know there was just a major outtage in the United States which took down some servers for EU users as well as servers for other games too.