Update on the possible future of AT mines

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cougarbrit, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Cougarbrit

From what I've just seen on Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...nes_to_only_detonate_when_driven_over/c8vausr

SOE look determined to pander to the whinerbase and straight up destroy AT mines versatility to the point where they are completely outclassed by C4 to illogical extremes. If this is the path they go down, well, I am not impressed. Not in the slightest.

(copypasted from one of my current replies to another thread yes)

Now before all you anti-mineguard, AT minefield circlejerkering gobbledegooks start blabbering how this will be a massive improvement to the intended use of AT mines, think about how easy it is to destroy placed explosives in this game currently, especially with vehicles which all have a cheap explosive weapon certable or stock. Now think how easy it will be to eliminate AT mines if this is the intended change. Ridiculous isn't it. They'd be like little balls of cotton candy on the road that inspire lulz and hearty chuckles in all who come across them.

EDIT: Circlejerking isn't ***d out? That surprised me.