Update 1 Comments

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AirSuicide, Dec 13, 2012.

1. AirSuicide

The Update looks like it will fix several key Issues but I am curious what the status on the "Surface to Air" lock on missiles Damage vs Aircraft issues.

1. As many post already state the Missile damage vs Aircraft is far too low, it should not take your entire ammo supply to down an aircraft, (The exception "Maybe" being a Galaxy). 2-4 shots at most should pop an Aircraft and 1 shot should kill a light fighter. Not 5-9 (For libs) or 2 -3 (for Lights),

*** My reasoning for this is simply that currently damage is so low Factions are simply spamming Aircraft and light fighters, since it is virtually impossible to provide a decent Ground to Air defense. The max AA upgrade will help, but SAM damage needs a real buff as well to detter factions from taking this "EZ Mode" to Continental control.

2. Currently most missile locks are useless as the vast majority of Surface to Air missiles are VERY easy to "Dodge" or avoid with little to no effort (And I am not talking about flares). What is the point of GtoA lock missiles if they are about as useless as Dumbfire? A pilot should only be able to break a lock in 1 of 2 ways.

* Flares
    * Terrain

Any other method should be impossible and the missile should always hit.

In addition, Many of the aircraft can simply "outrun" missiles as well. The other day I shot a missile at a lib and a Light fighter, both a full territory away from their Dome and they made it back to the dome without being hit, they did not use flares, and the missiles slammed into the Dome Shields.

This also should not happen. Both the tracking ability turn rates, monouverability and speed of the Missiles should be severely increased as to make it impossible to "outrun" or "Dodge them".

Any comments from the Devs would be appreciated on this.
  2. AirSuicide

3. T0urist

don't know that i agree with 1 missile for light fighter. Gotta remember a fighter has a cool down timer and purchase cost. People respawn for free with a lock on launcher and usually at a facility fight its what 10 infantry to 1 fighter. So if everyone fires 1 missile you should down the fighter with 3 even if they flare and lock. i think thats fair.

I find that locking on to planes makes them run at times if its a timid pilot.

For shooting them down you have to pick the moment to fire. You learn what time you can fire a locked on missile so the plane has a hard time rolling away from it.

I think with the varied battle situations now its fine. Remember its not always 1 o 1 combat for balance you have to think of the group dynamics. You won't be the only 1 firing at that fighter. Your 1 missile and some skyguard or aa max shots all contribute and i think thats where the balancing comes in... in situations with groups of players.