Upcoming adjustments to Air vs Ground balance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kobo

This!!!

As I wrote in another thread there should be no automatic resource gain. The only way you should be able to gain resources should be by being out there shooting stuff up. Get rid of the three diffrent resource types, get rid of the spawn timers, make them into one but if you end up with not enough resources you are back on your feet figting with the rest of the grunts until you have earned your resources back.
  2. Millsy

I bought the A30 Walker because you said it would be better :(
  3. MgnfcntBstrd

Yeah, the A30 doesn't seem any better than the default turret weapon against air. I bought them on my Gal, Mag and Lib, all of which netted a grand investment of nothing. You could at least add flak to it to make it a little easier to hit with.
    • Up x 2
  4. Gavyne

Back to the drawing board, A30 still needs to be better.
    • Up x 3
  5. Immortal-D

I'm still waiting on this one.
    • Up x 2
  6. CobraBoss

I just laugh everytime i use one and think about this.
    Its a friggin firecracker shooter that celebrates air !
    Then i see a scythe pass by giving me the thumbs up !
    • Up x 1
  7. WhatsThatNoize

Same here. They're a deterrent, sure... but effective? Heh... hehe... No.
  8. LittleDi

I pray for an update to mouse piloting of the aircraft... tends to be a pain in the **** when you have to pick up the mouse 3 times to do a flip.
  9. Leal

Hey Higby, how about increasing the range of antiair turrets?

http://i.imgur.com/a4Z8k.jpg

I literally couldn't hit this guy, and he was sitting there doing nothing. He wasn't moving at all. And I'm sure if he took the time to face me he could of destroyed the turret cause out of every overheat I had, maybe 2 shot actually landed. I eventually said **** it and just ignored him, either the dude was AFK or he was waging psychological warfare against me, sitting there taunting me going "Haha, I bet you wish you could actually KILL air in one of those huh? Here, I'll sit right here, I wont move at all. Come on, hit me big boy! Whats the matter, poor flak cannon bullets firing at the edges of the parenthesis and not the center of the reticule? Well thats just too bad~"

Who knew the biggest thing to piss me off in this game is aircraft NOT moving.
    • Up x 1
  10. PewVanu

"They SkyGuard fires 40mFlak round that are highly effective against enemy aircraft".

When will this be fixed, 1000 certs for a pea shooter, Libs at 1000km have no problem... we either dont have range to reach them or accuracy is that bad we might as well not bother an just die?

So its effective againts no one with skill, who shoots from 100m?

And whilst were on skyguard (or any other ground vehical)... why o Air Assets get NV with 500m+ range and everyone else gets 100m at most.
  11. TeknoBug

The OP was written before the popularity of air grew, I hope the double xp week is giving SOE enough data to show what's really happening.
    • Up x 1
  12. BengalTiger

So, I've spent some of my hard earned 3x sale SC and bought the second Burster arm today.

Wow, the Skyguard is way behind.

The Burster 2x actually allows to kill fighters, it's just where it's supposed to be in terms of balance (you win some, you lose some) and from now on it's my premier AA weapon in PS 2 until the SG gets its buff.
  13. Malsvir Vishe

The Annihilator is sorta broken... y'know, with how it immediately acts like dumb fire if the aircraft so much as speeds up or makes a sharp turn. I honestly think it should have the tracking and speed of A2A missiles, but the same damage they have now, and the same range they have now. (since they were fired from the ground)
  14. colt .45 killer

Skyguard is the biggest joke of this game. 1 whole default magazine doesnt kill a fighter, yet one ESF with pods and a rotary cannon can kill you in one pass. I have yet to see a skyguard actually scare away fighters, all the good pilots just dive on it and get some free exp. Hard counter / Deterrent my F*** ***.
  15. TeknoBug

And in those situations where the ESF swoops down thinking you're driving a skyguard lightning, shoot them with the default Viper cannon and demolish them. Stupid how much more effective that cannon is over a gun that's designed against air.
  16. smokemaker

Love killing infantry
    Love killing Lib's
    Love A2A
    Love G2A
    thank you
  17. Tuco

18. medbot544

This. A30 Walker on my Prowler was what I consider one of the biggest wastes of 7 bucks I have spent here so far.

Projectile speed is way to low, damage is still laughable, range is limited, and the RoF is also bad. Combine this with the fact it is unusable vs any ground unit, you have a weapon that no one should man or even buy.

Redesign it and make it like a Burster on a MAX or increase all it's stats again. It's just too weak.

Currently there is only one GvA option to fight planes and thats dual burster MAX, everything else is a joke and does not even 'deter' planes let alone destroy them if the pilot certs into anti flak armor and or has any sort of skill.
  19. Scataloni

Keep trying, so far you have FAILED!

My MBT dies in seconds to one aircraft yet I land a 150mm tank shell a foot from some guys feet and all he gets is a scratch

WTF?

I will even renew my sub if you make the fly controls like they were in PS1 and nerf air!
  20. Rothnang

The Walker is still garbage. It should be the rotary cannon equivalent of vehicle mounted machineguns, but it's the exact opposite. Slow bullets, slow firing speed, huge magazine. In no way good as an air defense weapon.