Unstable Warpgates - 96 too low

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Who Garou, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Who Garou

Based on game design. we should be getting into big fights.

Unstable Warpgates concentrate the combat into 2 locations for each faction.
    This means a total of 3 contact points with 2 forces battling at each location.

So the calculations at 96 players appears to mean 16 vs 16 in three battle locations.

16 vs 16 is a pathetically small battle in Planetside 2.

I'm thinking the population should be above 216. Maybe even farther above that.

When the continent is unstable, players are still free to run around the map in the areas not controllable by factions, so you can have a good number of players running around in the uncontested area.

Once open at least 6 lanes per faction? so 9 combat points?
    Hoping for a population for 24 vs 24 at each location?
    432?

So unless there is another stage of unstable warpgates, I would even push for unstable warpgates up to 300 or so players.

In 2 hours they go stable at any rate.
    • Up x 5
  2. Eternaloptimist

That's the point - when there are not enough players for big fights on a continent it concentrates them into a limited number of battlegrounds, while leaving the rest of the map available for transit.
    • Up x 1
  3. Nogrim313

what he is saying is that the 96 player threshold is too low.
    what we need are some more server consolidations/migrations.
  4. Pacster3

Well, right now there was a situation on Cobalt, where VS had warpgated both other factions and had literally not a single player to fight them(NC and TR have been fighting each other exclusively). They had NOTHING to do...not even ghostcapping or starting an alert for rewards. That ain't exactly a great gaming experience either.
  5. customer548

This situation lasted for something like 30 minutes only, early in the morning.
    Just log on TR or NC alts, then create a fight versus VS in order to gather pple. Or join TR-NC fight. Then switch back to your VS character when VS fights are happening again.
    I didn't feel like there was any real problem.
  6. FLHuk

As I understand it you can still cross the unused areas in the middle.

If any faction has nothing at all to capture then squad up and cross the middle. Go farm the other two factions!
  7. stalkish

You can even hack the terminals at the neutral bases, place a sundy and have a forward base over there.

Everytime ive almost got this setup and going the warpgates stabilize lol.
    • Up x 1