Unstable ping since server problem

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AverageGuy, Jul 23, 2014.

1. AverageGuy

After the server problem last week(where you can't access the website, forums etc) my ping becomes unstable again. From 270+ to 400+ms.

The 17th/18th update didn't fix the problem. I've sent a ticket on the 18th but there's no reply from SOE.

I really need to get back into the action.
  2. user101

I have been getting this also. starts out over 200ms then jumps to 400ms then after about 5 mins of play it goes down to 145ms. Been doing this for a time now. It's not the modem or router or level 3 it the server on SOE end.
  3. joss5601

Getting *connexion low* messages too, however all I have to do is tab and run a speed test with London Oslo or Geneva to get over 70mb down and 25 Up with average ping 25/45, however once I choose NY or WC I get 145 ping and a ridiculous 3.5mb down for 15 up. This is permanent and only gets worst but never better.
    The problem comes from US services, not from euro side since I can up or dl at normale rates around here, stream or do anything else with no issues.
  4. joss5601

Forgot to add if I check process when getting ping/connexion info issues info I get a wooping 20% CPU use and 35% mem use over regular 8/10% pross for 12% mem. Happens only while playing Planetside2
  5. fumz

Ping is a function of distance and routing. How much bandwidth you have is irrelevant. If you're connecting from Europe 140ms is about normal given the distance. I million more MB's of bandwidth isn't going to change that.

Having said that, there's a problem for sure with pings fluctuating all over the place.
  6. Gammit

That may explain why I have been going from full health to insta-dead in less than one second lately. I can imagine my enemies seeing me and killing me some time ago on their client, but my client's packets from the server go
    you're fine -- you're fine -- you're fine -- person on screen -- you're dead ;)
  7. AverageGuy

UPDATE: Problem is still there. Been checking my ticket but there's still no reply :\
  8. KaossKing

theyve started ignoring my ticket too. seems like they really dont care. tried to blame it all on my network then just stopped responding all together. gonna cancel my membership and probably stop playing completely