"Unscheduled" Kill cam?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ZillFattak, Dec 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZillFattak

• Up x 1
  2. m44v

While I don't want kill cams in any way in the game, I don't see how this killcam, in the way they want to implement it, will make things any worse than they are now: you already have an idea from where the headshot came from, thanks to the damage direction marker showing briefly, and there's scout ESFs and tracers already giving your position more accurately.

So I'm neutral, I don't want it but I won't care if they do implement it.
    • Up x 1
  3. IIXianderII

A problem with it that I see is that getting sniped usually implies death from a decent distance away. If I snipe someone thats 10 meters away from me while I hide in a bush, I don't want to have to deal with their camera looking right at me when they already had their chance to find me and they didn't. Part of what makes sniping in CQC possible is that its deceptive, it makes the people who die think you are far away, and the people who are alive don't have much opportunity to see your tracer or minimap blip. There are already tools in the game for finding people, we don't need hold people's hand and point right to them.
    • Up x 3
  4. IronWarrior

Kill cams, just a other bad idea.
    • Up x 1
  5. Darkelfdruid_LOL

That's what beta is for - testing out ideas

• Up x 3
  6. m44v

Well, it isn't like you can CQC snipe competent players without constantly being in the move.

edit: but agreed, there's no reason for making it even more obvious.
    • Up x 1
  7. BloodyPuma

That depends man. Situations are... situational ;)
    • Up x 3
  8. KodiakX

Got mixed feelings personally.

I can see the benefit because sometimes you really are left wondering what possible angle/area you got shot from and that can be frustrating. Would be nice to go, "Oh...somewhere over there."

On the other hand I know when you get a good perch, such as a LA in a building on a crate or something a cam is going to clearly give them time to analyze and see where you are and come in guns blazin at your location where that spot might have given you the jump on them. It also presents problems with "corpse as a camera" as right now you stare down at your corpse and can't really see anything where as if the camera was facing a direction you could sit there as a corpse and report enemy movement and locations for that direction. Some kind of auto release timer would have to be baked into it there to resolve that issue.

Snipers going to be tough to gauge with the new 150m thing. That may be close enough that they'd be relatively visible anyways and it's not like they're going to find some nook/cranny at 275m away that you wouldn't see them with a cam on. Hard to tell.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tenebrae Aeterna

I suggested that if they have to implement something like this, they should go with Wrel's idea. I don't believe that this will be as much a problem for distanced snipers as it will anyone trying to be stealthy in closer quarters, as I expressed previously. I believe that they should implement a mini-map and alter the skull and cross bones graphic to incorporate a arrow facing in one of the cardinal directions of your murderer.

This way, it gives you the most basic general information possible and helps enshroud anyone who has taken up a stealth oriented position. It might not be the best option, but if they have to implement something...it's the best idea I can come up with.
    • Up x 2
  10. Daimond

it just hinders us alot more, this is what I posted on that page.

The death screen is fine, the more info the better.

But as for the Kill cam and Mini map stuff, no just no. This Idea was tossed out back in alpha/beta, as it's a direct screw over to snipers.
    Have you not nerfed and screwed over infil enough? If you didn't have so many counters already here to snipers there might be a different onion.

1- can't setup sensor dart without letting everyone know your there. (no real point in spending points here now is there for snipers)

2- put lights on your mines, so you can’t use them either to cover your *** 90% the time in long range, so they can decide to step on them or not.

3- can't Q a person at any range without "I spot you, you spot me" even at 200m + (really? no sense hiding at long range with some friends to track a target as we will let them know where you are if you try. I understand if I am like 40m away)

4- Can't OHK past 150m soon (one of the many ways we need to dumb down the battles and optimize for PS4 people, so we will give you lame *** excuse that no one actually complained about to do so.)
    5- now if you don't choose one or all of the above we want to give them another way to not use their head and eyes to find you and we call it "Kill Cam" and/or "minimap"
    • Up x 1
  11. Daimond

As this dumb web site does not allow you to edit your posts after a few mins :(
    As of current this morning Dec 13.13 on the PTS the OHK's ranges are tied to the type of Bolt driver your using. So currently #4 is out of date on 150m range :)
    • Up x 1
  12. Vaphell

it does, you have 30 minutes and 54 minutes passed between your posts. I edit posts all the time, pretty much most of them in fact ;)
    • Up x 1
  13. Daimond

Not once you leave the site and come back. Between posts I logged into PTS and seen changes then came back to edit, no longer alows you to edit after this, all thats up is Report and Reply :(
    • Up x 1
  14. Vaphell

not what i experienced :)

edit: this post was edited after logging out and in :)
    • Up x 1
  15. Makora

No death cam in any shape or form. Not even the "pan camera to killer" type. I was frustrated to no end by it in BF. If I die, I'd like to spend as little time as possible staring at my killer's smug face and more time at the loadout or map screen planning my next life.

I'd much prefer if I had a way to skip the death screen alltogether. Say I press a key when it starts to pop up and I just skip past it.
    • Up x 1
  16. Rahk

If they add something like a kill cam, then they need to give Inf's something like removing ALL tracers from our shots. Currently the hit indicator and the tracers is already enough of a HEY EVERYONE, I'm OVER HERE and a kill cam is just more salt on the wound. As a sniper, getting killed by another sniper ends up in their death after I respawn if they sit in the same location. It doesn't need to get any more obvious than it already is.
    • Up x 2
  17. Inex

Even having it as a still image would work. The whole point of that sort of camera is to educate newer players on how they died, so they can start learning the ropes. Just instantly dying doesn't impart the 'you need to look up' that having your camera swing around to see the LA on the rooftops, or the Inf in the trees does. And as a bonus, you get to reduce the search area for OHKs from a 20M cubic meter sweep to "West side of the base."
    • Up x 1
  18. Rahk

If the point is for new players to learn the lay of the land, then instead of making it be a game changing thing where it can be abused, lets make it last till BR 5 or BR 10 on the account's first character if it "must" be put in. That way new players can get the benefit and it won't totally break some players' playstyles by basically revealing where they are forever.
    • Up x 3
  19. Inex

"where it can be abused" is really a function of what they implement. A full on active, controllable camera which persists until manual release is fairly obviously abusable. But a ragdoll 'autopsy' shot that shows the ballistics of the killing shot? A still image of the direction the attacker is in (especially considering that if it is a sniper, they're going to have recloaked by this point)?

I think there are several ways to implement the feature which become a constant learning tool instead of a Spawn Beacon vs. Sunderer abuse. You're never too old to learn new tricks after all.
    • Up x 1
  20. RubiksCubix

Personally, just by browsing that thread, I did find an idea I really like:

"For killcams, I'd highly recommend having the enemy's character model that shows up on the killscreen re-play the last 8 seconds or so of animation that lead to your demise. It would allow you to go, "Oh, he decloaked and sniped me", or "Ah, he must have be floating above me when he dropped the C4" without knowing the direction or distance it came from. Even with vehicles it'd be nice to see the animation of, "He fired a missile and then gunned me down!"."

They enemy's character is already shown. As long as it is done efficiently, seeing an animation of what they did would be pretty cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.