Unrevivables

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by alecholman, Dec 10, 2012.

1. alecholman

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it's definitely annoying and I'm not sure if I've seen it mentioned so...

As a medic, you see a corpse in the battlefield with a skull on it. You think, that must be fresh, better go get my revives on that kid. You run the 5 miles away through tanks and whatnot and get to him only to find out he isn't revivable, yet he is still sitting there with a skull on his head. He will also continue to lay there for a good 1-5 minutes (yeah, I counted).

Can you please make it so if they have already redeployed, if you can't remove the body like normal, to just make the skull go away.

Also, the applicator bugs out A LOT. There will be times where my beam will stick on one person and wont go away unless I switch to my main weapon and start shooting, then this leaves a long beam trail.
    It will also randomly not heal anyone until I do the same switch shoot a bullet off and reload.

Just feels like a buggy class ATM.
  2. Riftmaster

Not sure about this, but since someone has to accept the revive, if they for some reason go afk/DC/whatever and then die, they cannot accept it, right?

The rest sounds like the typical bugs that exist all over in various areas.

Like the engineer "instant repair" bug, where you go to repair a generator, turret, or vehicle and it insantly is healed but you get no XP.

Or sometimes a vehicle will just bug for no apparent reason, in various ways. Last night the platoon sundy just up and wouldn't let anyone except the owner inside, and it wasn't locked - perhaps that system was bugged.
  3. alecholman

I agree that the first part makes sense, so I guess they just lay there until kicked for AFK.
    I also get the instant heal for medic, and then a few heals down the road it will heal one particular guy for about 2 full circles on the display.
  4. Dankshasta

A lot of times after I die I'll use the break in the action to roll one up real fast, so I won't accept it then. Also sometimes I'm low on ammo so I'd rather just wait a few seconds, and respawn. Medics also have a bad habit of rezzing people in the line of fire with less than half health, and no shield.
  5. KoooZ

Yeah, in my experience it's a matter of them not accepting the rez.
  6. alecholman

I would understand this if when I walked up to a body and it allowed me to even have the display of rezzing them, but there is no display at all. Is this because they declined a rezz from something else? (still could be the afk)

also my story was obvious sarcasm, I wouldn't stop in the middle of a firefight to heal a guy. Even with a lvl 6 applicator, they don't revive with full shields.
    • Up x 1
  7. BombrMan

I think the OP is not talking about when people don't except the revive. In that case the revive circle still goes around on your screen so you can see something is happening. I think the OP is talking about when you can medigun a dead body, but no revive happens, no progress circle, and you can beam them for a while and just nothing happens. I always assume that the miracles of nanotech are just not enough to cure every injury, and some people are just too far gone, but I suppose it could be a bug as well.
    • Up x 2
  8. Hexcimer

I'm in favor of despawning a corpse or the indicator if they refuse or a revive fails. Removing the indicator after one revive attempt can save the team a lot of time, since every medic running by doesn't waste time on it, but still allow some one else to try again later if they simply misclick or die in the middle of reviving.
    • Up x 1
  9. Tinyish

I agree that the corpse should be removed, but how will the program know that it needs to be removed? I think they should add a keystroke to a medic so that he can hide a corpse from himself and wont' stop again and again on the same corpse. If 2-3 people have hidden that corpse then it should be despawned.
    • Up x 1
  10. Buzzcut

There was a bug in beta, not sure if it made it to live where a corpse would be there, the player could be atk, but the res dial wouldn't actually come up, the effect would fire, but you couldn't res that person.
    • Up x 2
  11. IshanDeston

Those people have been disconnected and the game doesn't properly update them as being disconnected. I had it happen to an outfit mate of mine. He got disconnected, i had the "is offline" message, but his body was still in the game. Couldn't interact with him, but showed him as "dead". No revive reticule or anything.
    • Up x 1
  12. alecholman

I absolutely agree with all of this, and most of you seem to think it's a bug, and that seems to be the case.

And yes, I'm talking about when a body is still there WITH a skull indicator, however there is no display of trying to revive. Most other times when I go up to a body to try to rezz it'll disappear so I assume they redeployed already, but there are actually quite a lot that lay there for a while that are unrevivable.

So this bug definitely would be beneficial to be fixed. Along with the applicator freezing up sometimes.
  13. alecholman