[Suggestion] Unique NS Weapon Changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Joexer, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Joexer

I want changes, we all want changes... but some weapons are underused or barely usable, espessially NS uniques like the Archer and the Swarm but also odd ducks like the NS-15M. I have all of these weapons and these are the problems I have with them and how I would fix them.

Archer
    Problem: Extreme Niche/poor versatility.
    Description: The Archer struggles against basic infantry and is extremely punishing to use in any situation other than picking off max suits.
    Solution: Reduce velocity by 10-25% rechamber time to 1.5sec
    NEW ATTACHMENT: Heavy Bolt- Increases bullet velocity to current levels and Increase rechamber time to 2 seconds
    Why? This will increase usability against infantry at limited ranges, Heavy bolt will be more suited to dealing with long range MAX units.

Swarm
    Problem: Overshadowed by its ES and NS brethren
    Description: Any RL (minus the striker) has an easier time taking down anything, Alpha is king in the AV arena as enemies can quickly get to cover. It needs to be slightly more versatile.
    Solution: Swarm gets Dumb-fire capability with very limited drop in the "slow" mode only
    Why? This will increase usability against MAX suits and effectiveness against stationary targets (i.e. constructables) at range. The RL has guidance so the "lore" behind it can be fin stabilization. Otherwise this is just a Annihilator with a magazine.

NS-15M
    Problem: how it "feels"
    Description: The NS-15 doesnt feel like an LMG, it feels like a AR with a big magazine... I know... it is. But it should feel more like a LMG "BASED ON" the highly successful NS-11 line. The sound is less bassy than the NS-11
    Solution: Extended mags. Yes you heard correctly, when equipped would increase magazine size to 110 rounds and look like a Box magazine. Equip time and reload speed increased dramatically. Bass and Punch to sound effect increased :)

What do you think?
    As always post why you awnsered which way. I appreciate criticizm.
  2. thebigbortishbort

in terms of the archer i would opt out of this funny nerf buffing it then getting an attachment to exactly where it is now , kind of pointless as hell , i would suggest just a bolt speed / ROF improvement and leave the velocity untouched since its an AV rifle pretty much, since damage would be a sketchy thing to change considering to warrant the change the damage would probably be too high or make no difference.

Swarm having dumb fire is interesting but you'd need to tone down its splash damage or you'll get what people feared with the striker being an AI rocket launcher, NS-15M is fine m9 :p
  3. Liewec123

i think archer is very usable since the pistol patches, emissary is pretty much a weaker SMG or you can run commie/underboss and 3 shot people from across the room, the ESpistols are even viable now with scopes, the line between primary weapons and secondary ones keeps getting blurrier and blurrier.

Swarm i think its fine it deals a little over half HP dmg to an ESF, i don't think it should get dumbfire either since it is a "lock on to everything" launcher, the lack of dumbfire is the balance factor.
  4. Daigons

Suggestion: Unique NS Weapon Changes.
    Solution: Start pointing weapons at non-NS soldiers.

*** Close Thread ***