underslung granade launcher needs putting back

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by RAS, Nov 20, 2012.

1. RAS

under the vx6-7 please

it only carries 2 nades so its not causing alot of spam also gives us a slight chance when comming across maxs
  2. Vachek

Try firing your weapon, the last thing this game needs is more explosion spam.
  3. RAS

brilliant reply , i'm so overwhelmed with the insight you have shown me , now off you go
  4. Gibber

/agree; our mod options are fairly limited for our carbines outside of the standard grip/scope/compensator etc. we are lacking a bit more variety like that of the SF carbine.
  5. Sadim

yeah, I didn't know I couldn't get this mod on a gun I JUST bought as the servers were closing. That and I can't get the reflex 2x either. If I had known this I never would have bought the VX6-7.
  6. RAS

the vx6-7 is 1 of the best vs weps , trust me , we just need the nade launcher back on it . if your using the gun as LA then you need the GL even more due to limited ammo

there isn't alot of GL spam anyway so i can't understand why its been removed from the vx6-7 , i know theyve put it on the basic pulsar so why not the vx :mad:
  7. RawrItsTandy

Is that your equivalent of the Trac-5 S? I know the TR Trac-5 S variant still has underslungs so maybe one of yours does too?
  8. ebene

Launcher mods is still in, but are limeted for a few guns for balance now.
    NC side is: Guss Compact "S" (about same as basic gun but a minior worse handeling, got alot of perks and customisation options)

You can see what addons anviable for what gun even if you dont own the weapon, by klicking the weapon in the
    perk meny.

Sorry if i missunderstod, and the disgussion was about it beeing anviable to more guns.
    • Up x 1
  9. Bags

I played a 2 hour defense of a tech lab, spend 90% of my time dodging grenades.

The game doesn't need more grenades.
  10. RawrItsTandy

I guess the solution is to use the S variant of the base gun then if you want a launcher so badly.
  11. Metritirodogiy

One, underslung grenades are not as nearly good as thrown ones, like, it only instakills on direct hit.

Two, by the look of it, you can only get it on the S version for the TR, so effectively, you have to get the custom rifle variant, which is effectively the base variant, with burst and more attachments. It also looks different. It's probably to prevent overeffectivness, or just buggyness with certain weapons. Long range medic rifle with underslung nade is effective at both long and short range.
  12. ebene

Then again, the medic genade launcher only reach full effect if they get an ammo kit around.
    Enginers always have, and they got other toys to,
    i "guess" the medic also only have 2 ammo.

Enginers ammo kit have the ability to make any rocket and grenade launcher sooo much better(unlimeted ammo)
    and unlike others we can always haven it. We also get repair and other tools while they get only the healing.

Expect engineer weapons to always be a bit worse base than other classes, exept the ligh assult i guess..
    i got no idea what theyr reedeming feature is....

Grenade lauchers aint one hitt kill and got an extreme reload time.
    best used for safty ontop of building or in cover but does give a little anti armor.

"also" grenade launcher ammo is buggy, wery often ammo kit dont refill ammo,
    i dont think this to be relevant in any balance comparison as its gonne be fixed.
  13. Ghoest

Underbarrel grenades are underwhelming IMO.

They are not real grenades although the graphics make it look like they are.
  14. Udon

Engineer's can't reload the underslung grenade launcher a unlimited number of times. There is some kind of hard limit on the number of times you can reload the launcher by hour I think. After that you have to go back to a terminal to reload it.

Grenade Launchers are a one shot kill for everyone except Max's and HA's with their shields up. The biggest issue with them is if you miss you are screwed because they are going to kill you before you have a chance to switch weapons or reload. They are a fun weapon and situationally useful but no where near overpowered especially when limited to the underwhelming attachment gun.
  15. KLECKO

I an Engineer, I use the Gauss S With GL.I use the GL all the time, it fits my play style.I shoot granades more then I shoot bullets
  16. Sadim

more like a bug. reloading on any underbarrel seems more random to me then it does numbers based. One day it works, the other it does.
  17. Mafarett

Reloading is definitely bugged I've had times where I can't get ammo after only 3 shots and others where I go on 20 kill streaks with the thing and don't haven any problems up 'till my death.

as for it only being on a special version of the default gun, that's fine. You only have the basic gun but know you have access to every attachment under the sun. To those saying it's underwhelming, it's smaller than the thrown grenade and blows up on impact so I wouldn't expect it to deal the same splash damage. I think the splash damage is fine as the weapon can be used much more frequently than regular grenades, I've gotten kills with just the splash damage before so I know it's not that weak.
  18. LoneMaverick

been using the TR version of the weapon, seems to me the reason ammo bugs out is if you dont get a refill before firing your second round, it wont reload. Standing on an ammo pack and making sure I'm 1/1 before I fire has been working just fine.

Other than that, loving it for pushing doorway fights and hitting heavies hiding in rocks, mainly imo what it's purpose is.