Underboss Versus Commisioner

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Strottinglemon, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Strottinglemon

Thread title says it all! Post which you think is better. If you think different ones are better for different situations/classes, say so.
  2. hansgrosse

Saw a review of both on Youtube. From what I can tell, the only advantage the Commissioner has over the Underboss is the potential to 1-shot KO a wounded enemy. For full-health targets and pretty much everything else, the Underboss wins.
  3. Rabbitz

I choose Underboss. 3 shots kill with in 20 meters is acceptable for me and it got more reserve ammo.
  4. Eclipson

I dunno which is better, but I got the Commis because I think it looks way cooler. Don't really like the look of the Underboss. Underboss is really good at finishing of someone. And the range is nice.
  5. hawken is better

I liked the Underboss when I had used it on the public test server, but I ended up getting the Commissioner on the live server. That extra damage + bullet velocity, coupled with a fire rate that really isn't that far behind the Underboss, was the dealbreaker. Gotten like 5 kills with it so far and I'm enjoying it.
  6. Hamakua

Theory crafting.

While testing in the VR, remember that it's against "Stock" level 1 dummies and not against nanoweave.

I personally am going to default to the Commissioner first as 1 body shot + knife is a kill.

The underboss performs the same but 1 bodyshot + knife is EXACTLY the amount you need to kill, no damage buffer for if they have armor.

The remaining question is, 1 body shot + knife with the commissioner = kill against max nano-weave? If not, Underboss might have the edge because of the ROF.
  7. EnviousCipher

I'm thinking Underboss simply to replace the TR pistols. Seriously those iron sights are terribad, and its got the higher fire rate and slightly lower hipfire recoil (from what i've played in the VR). The 'Boss seems to be the all-rounder for medium skilled players that need the ROF to make up for shots missed.
  8. EvilPhd

You ought to post relevant links so I might know what these random things are or why I should give two hoots about them.
  9. ChaosRender

I will probably go with The Commissar. The reason being for silent and bullet spray I have the default gun. And the Commissar is good for a Finisher/ surprise killer.
  10. ChaosRender

You mean the Underboss and Commissar? They are the two new NS line pistols that where added to the game.
  11. Entaro

Nano 5 will yield 1125 effective hp. Underboss 375 and knife 750 = 1125, should kill.
  12. Hamakua

huh, they changed it then I think... When I was testing before I did the math it sumed up to exactly 1000, I think on test knife indicated 600 something.
  13. Entaro

Ahh ok that is probably correct. I was guesstimating because a knife hit usually brings a target to around 25%ish life. Curious myself then too, because with the commie the knife will need to be at least 675.
  14. Hamakua

Check the in-game tooltip for the knife (I am not in game right now). I was doing my research a day or so ago on TEST, and made note to myself (Trying to decide on which pistol) that the underboss barely eeks out a single shot+knife with no room to spare on a non nanoweave (ignoring infiltrators) target.

I checked the Commissioner and I realized it's damage advantage had some buffer, but did not know the raw numbers of nanoweave off the top of my head.

[Edit]

Logging in now to check.

[2nd Edit]

Tool tip shows the knife hitting for 625 and comish for 450, underboss 375

Comish/knife = 1075
    Underboss/knife = 1000

I think I would still lean toward comish for at least "knife work" as while it appears it won't kill a max nanoweave, it will have some buffer against the various levels.
  15. Entaro

N1 = 1025
    N2 = 1050
    N3 = 1075
    N4 = 1100
    N5 = 1125

So the commi gets through N3 and the boss none. The boss will refire quicker though and has the advantage then against N4 & N5. Unless you are NC then the Rebel (which hits for 250 with faster ROF than boss) wins out for triple tapping.

I think I would lean commie as well though.
  16. WalrusJones

The commissioner is the perfect weapon to pop the random infiltrator with.
  17. Jaes

I find the commi more for mediumish pistol engagements with it's velocity and recoil control while the underboss would do better at CQC... they both take 3 body shots to kill assuming the target doesn't have nano weave... I personally would find the underboss more useful as a side arm than the commi but thats just me.