Underbarrel Smoke grenades..

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gary, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Gary

It appears these do more damage to air vehicles then G2A missiles. 2 of these will destroy an ESF. Something needs to be changed i think.

A suicide sycthe and a rocket hit the galaxy i then took the liberty of shooting it with a grenade launcher and outfit member confirmed that the smoke did more damage then the both combined =/
  2. SinerAthin

Personally, I'd like to see smoke deployed more.

Would be a nice way to break up sieges where the enemy has a superior position.
    • Up x 1
  3. Gary

Swear by them on my light assualt :)
  4. Exaar

Do the smoke grenades actually do damage??

I have the underslung smoke grenade launcher for my engineer's Trac-5S, an I use it all the time to great effect - I have the IR sight which sees through the smoke, so I will always launch a smoke grenade into aroom where I suspect enemies are, then go in scoped and kill them while they are blinded. Works great.

But I've never seen them do damage to anyone, though I admit I've never tried shooting them AT anyone either, just into a room or in front of me.
  5. Gary

Yes you can kill infantry with them. They can also do damage to vehicles. 2 smoke rounds take down an ESF. They do more damage to every air vehicle then the A2A launcher :p
  6. Fleabag

Indeed, totally forgot I had swapped out of the normal 'nade launcher the other day and went to use the underslung, body hit, kill and a big pile of smoke over the corpse. Heavens only knows what the Terran thought. :p