[BUG] Underbarrel Grenade Launcher

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Endlos, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Endlos

In all, I like the changes to the GL. It's more lethal, but over a smaller area. Less spammy, more rewarding. I also like the fact that you've fixed the hilariously long-lived bug of that thing failing to reload. I do feel the arc is a bit extreme, but if it has to be for game balance, then fine.

My problem, though, is the new trajectory for this thing is improperly placed. I'm under the assumption that the grenade fires out of the tube on the bottom of the gun, but the game treats it like it's firing from kind of concealed kneecap-mounted device.

Try this: Have a friend stand a short distance in front of you. Aim up, well and clear over your friend. Fire the grenade. The grenade will pelt him, you'll get grief, and the grenade will likely derender/poof.

Now have your friend crouch. Aim straight, clean over his head, and fire. The grenade will pelt him, you'll get grief, and the grenade will likely derender/poof.

The game seems to think the grenade is exiting the gun significantly lower than where it should be.
    • Up x 1
  2. Endlos

Here's a quick video of the bug in action. Crosshairs are completely above the friendly, round visibly travels above friend's head (moreso in second shot) but friend takes damage, I get grief, and the round is consumed when it "impacts" the friendly.

3. Armchair

If you look in the patch notes, there is no mention of adjusting the trajectory of the underbarrel GL.

Look a little deeper and you'll notice this.

My current theory is that the underbarrel GL is somehow tied to the code for the fury or marauder, and that the new GL trajectory is unintentional. I expect the trajectory to get fixed once they've finished putting out the major fires.
  4. Endlos

Ah, thanks for the heads up Armchair.

Included is a still from the above video showing how far the round is above my friend, yet it somehow still kills him.

[IMG]
  5. KamikazeSquirrel

"Underbarrel" is a euphemism for crotch mounted maybe? ;)
  6. Compass

I think this is the case, I was having funky grenade launcher mechanics.
  7. CupidStunts

8. FlayvorOfEvil

I still find that my GL bugs out when I'm reloading ammo. Sometimes I could defend the crown with a 30 kill streak and not encounter the problem, but sometimes I'll be facing a heavy and I shoot him twice and miss due to the new gravity, resupply to find out that it won't resupply.
  9. Onetoo

I found another bug that I was able to replicate:

After creating a smoke-screen (spamming it for a minute while standing on an ammo pack) with the grenade launcher, I was no longer able to get more ammo, I couldn't kill enemies, and it seemed like they (the enemies) couldn't see me at all. After holding still for awhile, I was finally shot, but I found it odd that I could no longer do/take damage.

Like I said, I was able to repeat this.. I may make a video to post for the devs.