[BUG] Unable to Rez Vehicular Homicide Victims

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Oathblivion, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Oathblivion

I hope this isn't old news, though I imagine seasoned medics have noticed long before. Those bodies that we can't rez (no circle, no response, no nothin') come from destroyed vehicles. I bailed out of a Galaxy before it got rammed by a Lib, but about half of the other passengers did not. I couldn't rez a single one of them. I've noticed the same thing around sunderers, tanks, and crashed ESFs. However, a few times this bug occurred, so I shot the corpse in frustration and got back a friendly fire marker. Once I "killed" the corpse, it revived normally, though with no exp gain because it counted as a TK. These last corpses I just happened across, so I have no idea if they're the result of vehicle crashes or not.

So, part of the reason for this thread is to get it out there so people can tell me if I'm slow or not. The other reason is trying to crowd-source a workaround for it, along with getting information about the differences between "killable" corpses and the plain "they died so hard you can't rez them" corpses. Anyone else know of tricks? Must we sacrifice a virgin to the Auraxian god of space necromancy?
    • Up x 1
  2. Peanut Butter

Interesting. Very Interesting.

The only trick I know is to not revive people before the death animation is finished, or they disappear.

Edit: Oh btw, your title is awesome.
  3. Oathblivion

So I just got done with another session, and I've put together an hypothesis about the "killable" corpses. Some took more bullets than others to finish off. So, I believe that when you die in a vehicle, your character still has whatever amount of HP it had while in the vehicle. Since you can't rez someone that still has HP, I believe this to be the root of the problem. Unfortunately, I did this testing/xp farming (level 6 tool is amazing :D) during a massive vehicle on vehicle battle. I still have no idea if these people got ran over or caught by shrapnel or anything. There were lots of explosions, however, so I think there's a good chance some of the corpses were former tank drivers.

A couple times after I killed a corpse and revived it, it would disappear immediately after finishing the "get up" motion. I think these people have respawned, but why is their corpse still bugged out and still capable of taking damage? Also, I still have no clue as to why some corpses are unkillable. My little hypothesis up there is far from flawless, it seems. You have to have health to drive a vehicle, last I checked. =/
  4. RobinTheRude

Interesting. I'm not sure being revivable after dying inside a vehicle is even intended. I may test this with a friend in my next session.
  5. Intruder313

I don't think it's a bug I think it's intended: part of the risk you take being in a vehicle vs the rewards they of course bring.
    Also make Ejection Seats on planes more useful and encourages to drivers to consider bailing out.
  6. Oathblivion

If it is intentional, then that would explain why some can't be killed. Thus, the ones that can are the true bug. However, I honestly doubt that's the case. It'd be easier to make vehicle drivers not drop a corpse if that was SOE's intention. Also, the corpses just stay there even after the person respawns (need to confirm this by seeing the dead and alive version at the same time). The "oy, this dude is dead" symbol also pops up above their heads, causing nothing but frustration for medics that risk life and limb to add another body to the fight.

Also, I can has dead MAX notification plz?
  7. Ripshaft

hm someone brought this up with me yesterday, I seem to remember that corpses from blown vehicles used to be perfectly fine to rez at some point, but cant say for certain. The fact that you can rez the demon corpses seems to indicate that this is something that is not exactly working as intended.
  8. vulkkan

I tried this out yesterday when a prowler exploded. I shot the corpse, getting friendly fire warnings, and was then able to res the player. Weird.