Unable to log in

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DataGhost, Sep 4, 2020.

1. DataGhost

I downloaded the test client from the website I think over half a year ago to have a look at some upcoming things, but I've never been able to get past the character selection screen. Meanwhile I have created an extra character for each faction for a grand total of 4. I am not able to log in with any of them, I can click the play button, the spinner spins for a second and then the button turns back into play. I have verified the game files and finally gave up. A few months ago I reinstalled it, same problem. Removed it again, got the Steam version, same problem. Validated I don't know how many times through Steam and through the Launcher to no avail. Today I wanted to try again and guess what? Yeah still can't log in.

So this lead me to believe that there are only set times when the server is open and the FAQ is vague about this. Strangely enough, my first character has managed to get about half XP towards BR2 so it must have gotten some XP ingame somehow. Also, every time I try to log in, the server population graph shows a different faction balance so I assume people are online. I have completely no problems with normal PS2 so I don't see what could be different here.

Is the server only open on set times and will it work for me in about 4 hours (12pm PT) or are there people who can get in right now so the problem is on my side?
  2. DataGhost

Yeah I should have known better. I remember I had a 2nd daybreak account somewhere to get support on the first one a couple of years ago, logged in with that, created a new character and BOOM it's working.