Unable to download

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Manik10, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Manik10

Unable to download IDS_UNABLETODOWNLOAD

Anyone else getting this error and is there a fix?
    • Up x 1
  2. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

Where exactly are you encountering this message?
  3. Manik10

On the launcher when i start it up, it was fine about 20minutes ago, i even logged into the game, i bought membership and relogged to make it active and then when i started up the launcher it gave me this error
  4. TSR-SeanF Customer Service

You may need to clear the cache settings for the launcher in order to get it working again. To do so, go to your PlanetSide 2 folder and open launchpad.libs. Once open, delete the launchpad.cache folder located there and restart the launcher. If your problem persists after doing so I would suggest opening a support ticket with us for further assistance.
  5. Manik10

Still getting the same error, i really don't get how it works perfectly trough all beta and up until 20minutes and then it stops working when the only thing i did was add preminum membership to my account wich has nothing to do with my installed files
  6. Manik10

Live support was able to fix me up, thanks for the response
  7. Tantrum

Annnd? Support isnt open right now... so what did they tell you to do?

Edit: Kk so hopefully this help any of the night owls like myself who can't reach live chat. Try going into your launcher and then at the bottom left you'll see a wrench, click that then go to Validate Game Assets. I let that run, Kaboom! back to getting brutally owned by people in the game. Hope this help.
  8. JPJones

I'm dumping this info here because this thread comes up at the top of the google search for “Planetside 2 unable to download” and “Planetside 2 IDS_UNABLETODOWNLOAD”.

I ran into this error after the patch on January 7th and was able to fix it, but have been unable to replicate the error to narrow down what worked. I run the game through Steam, but the game files don't seem to be any different under the steamapps folder and can be run outside of Steam.

What didn't work:
    -Running the game manually outside of Steam
    -”Delete local content” and re-installing via Steam
    -”Verify integrity of game cache...” within Steam
    -Un-installing using Planetside2\uninstaller.exe and re-installing via Steam
    -Ran PS2_setup.exe and pointed it to my existing Planetside 2 directory

In short, nothing involving Steam worked to solve this.

What worked:

-Downloaded the latest PS2_setup.exe from http://www.planetside2.com/
    -Ran PS2_setup.exe and pointed it to a new directory
    -Logged out of and closed the launcher window as soon as the game files started to download
    -Copied the contents of the new Planetside 2 directory into the existing Planetside 2 directory, overwriting all (see listing below for directory contents*)

At this point, the error was gone and every instance of the game on my machine started working again with or without Steam. Before I started troubleshooting, I backed up the entire “bad” Planetside 2 directory in hopes of re-creating the error to narrow down the fix. After finishing those last 4 steps, the backed up copy started working as well.

It should also be noted that I was able to play immediately after the January 7th patch came down. It wasn't until I logged off and tried to get back in later in the evening that the error occurred.

*Here are the contents of the fresh Planetside 2 directory copied in the last step:

05/04/2010 08:23 AM 29,184 !CheckMinSpec.dll
    05/04/2010 08:23 AM 41,984 !if.FileExists.dll
    01/08/2013 01:18 PM 141,244 .DownloadInfo.txt
    01/08/2013 01:18 PM 51 LaunchPad-user.ini
    12/05/2012 04:12 PM 987,080 LaunchPad.exe
    11/14/2012 10:35 AM 9,662 LaunchPad.ico
    10/17/2012 10:10 AM 65 LaunchPad.ini
    01/08/2013 01:17 PM <DIR> LaunchPad.libs
    01/08/2013 01:17 PM 1 LaunchPad.name
    01/08/2013 01:17 PM 16 uninst.ini
    02/13/2012 12:41 PM 314,784 Uninstaller.exe
    01/08/2013 01:17 PM 16 Uninstaller.ini
    01/08/2013 01:17 PM 4,172 Uninstaller.soe

The new launcher started downloading files in the “CommonData” folder, which I omitted. The total file size of the copied files was roughly 43 MB.
  9. macman806

Just wanted to say THANK YOU JP!! This worked for me as well. :)
  10. Comradicus

Yeah this worked for me too, so thanks very much for the suggestion...it could have been as frustrating for me as I'm sure it was for you...

Comradicus
  11. Wayed

So I had this problem too and I did what JP said with the launcher and everything. It worked but I didn't find any of the files he mentioned and it wasnt anywhere near the 43MB. but thanks cause I can play again. just for the folks like me who have problems with every electric device that should work in a certain "normal" way but never does..