Unable to cert weapons?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Riffix, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Riffix

My friend and I just checked and neither of us can see the options in any of the cert pages for things like weapons. We only see the class/vehicle-specific certs.

Is anyone else having this problem? I honestly can't remember the last time I used this so I am unsure when it started. Was this introduced in the last patch and I somehow missed it? That seems to be a really serious problem to still be going on since then.

I'd submit a bug for it but I wanted to know if it wasn't just us.
  2. MFP_TK_01

Are you talking about weapon certs on vehicles? Go to change attachments and you will see items that you can cert into there.
  3. Riffix

Correction, you can still cert things if you select a weapon and then go to change attachments but that seems to be the only place. I remember there was a bug/feature a few patches ago where you couldn't see weapon certs from the class cert pages but could if you went to the cert menu first but that was fixed as far as I know.
  4. Cougarbrit

For some odd reason SOE decided to move all weapon and vehicle weapon certs to the equipment tab, making it a longer and more complicated process than it needs to be. And I don't think you can preview certlines anymore because of that.

Apparently it was to 'declutter' the certpages, but I'd prefer cluttered certpages that are functional compared to the dysfunctionally awkward crap we have to go through now.
    • Up x 2
  5. Riffix

Both vehicles and soldier classes. I have realized you can cert them in the way you describe but you used to be able to cert them from the general list of certs for that class/vehicle. I swear this was still functioning as of yesterday but feel free to correct me if I am wrong lol
  6. Riffix

If this is true, I agree with you whole-heartedly. Was this changed in the last patch?
  7. MFP_TK_01

Hasn't been that way for at least a month if not longer.
  8. Riffix

Ok, I found it in the Sept. 11th patch notes. Man, I can't believe it has been that long since I bothered to cert a weapon. :eek:

BOOOO to this change. But really, booo to the organization of the of the menus anyways. Maybe they'll scrap them all and rethink them at some point because right now they are are cumbersome.
  9. Chipay

Game is ready for PS4 players, console friendly! Planetside 2 on PC? What is tha- OH, you mean beta testers?