Un-nerf the harasser

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by DjUnicorn, Apr 26, 2013.

1. DjUnicorn

It was so much fun before, this nerf made me very very sad. Don't know if it is the nitro boost or the stock speed that got changed but it is not much fun as of now.

*sad face goes here*
  2. notyourbuddy

Feels just as fast and maneuvable to me. Seems like they just added gravity to it so it can't go crazy airborne. Before it was cartoonish like you were driving on the moon. I could fly hit a rock and go flying over 50m high trees, but now its airborne potential is more Flash like.
  3. Rognik

It seems like they nerfed the turbo the same way they did to the Flash's a while ago (which they then un-nerfed). Basically the turbo simply doesn't work when you're on a slope. It's both unnecessary and unintuitive.
    • Up x 1
  4. Rognik

Go park your Harasser on a hillside. The turbo will do nothing. Back up a bit. All of a sudden the turbo works and you can go up the hill. It's really stupid and it defeats the biggest practical use of the turbo.

Also, the turbo is now much weaker than the Flash's. The Flash can use it to literally drive up walls.

You really can't make the whole "realism" argument here. Not only is this a game, but it's also supposed to be the future. Just assume that the Harasser can fly with the turbo because of nanites. It's a reasonable enough explanation and it makes the game more fun.
    • Up x 1
  5. DjUnicorn

Yeah it feels more like it is the nitro boost that got nerfed, it was awesome before, now its just a old crooked boost that has no fun in it...
  6. SpaceKing

Welp. No spidertank for the VS.
  7. NDroid

Well the nitro was pretty ridiculous before, using it sometime felt like the Harasser just stops observing the laws of physics and starts flying around. And the handling is still great but varies with the performance upgrades- the Racer feels much less controllable for example, but the other two handle very well.
  8. LanceHavenbay

You cannot jumped 150meters in the air anymore off of insanely sharp inclines. Sadface indeed. :(