um...indefinite hover on JJ?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Tactical Violence, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Tactical Violence

No doubt old news for all you LA hacks but:

I recently moved to JJ lvl 6 and was tooling around practicing using minimum fuel to get from a to b.

Whilst doing this I discovered a rhythm of pulsing the JJ to allow me to hover almost indefinitely

I guess technically I thrust up for about 1 second (using maybee 50% of fuel). Then I let go of space and fall. During the fall the jj6 refresh is so fast that after 1/4 sec I can pulse again and regain all lost altitude. Rinse and repeat.

I chatted to a friend LA whilst hovering next to him at side of aircraft pad.

Then I really experimented. I made it from ti alloys to Ceres hydro roof without touching down. Only reason I lost altitude is that the pulse timing had to be perfect. Mess up and you drop and can't quite get it back.

I've only known about this for a day, so I'm now thinking of all the uses.

Old news or what?
    Violence
  2. P4p3Rc1iP

There's a bug where sometimes (read: very often) your JJ recharges instantly. This allows you to hover almost indefinitely with any level in JJ.
  3. Terran537

:( I never get this bug. Too bad, it'd be fun to fly in the sky with all the ESFs... and C4, of course.
  4. LibertyRevolution

Letting off the space bar and hitting it again just eats a huge chunk of Jumpjet fuel.
    It was designed like that so you cannot flutter it.. how is it your getting it to work?
    Do you have a video?
  5. commandoFi

I've heard it is a glitch with interaction between the client and server. The jets will recharge too quickly, allowing you to stay up a long time. I found a similar glitch affects the medic, lowering your health after you heal up to full.
  6. Ztiller

One of my outfit mates had it aswell. He said it was related to having the first-person animation glitch.
  7. Separatists

not sure if this affects medics, but when i spam the f key when i have only 2-3 bars left for heal, it regens super fast back to full o.o
  8. Duban

I've seen this bug before, it's just graphical. If you run the jump jets before they actually refill the bar will jump back down to their original position. They don't actually recharge instantly, just the display says that they are recharged when they are really not.