[BUG] UM DBG why does the nova cost more than it's equivalents?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Neo3602, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Neo3602

The nova semi-auto shotgun costs 1000 certs or 699 DBC, but it's equivalents the TS4 Haymaker and the NC12 Sweeper both cost 650 certs or 499 DBC.

The nova should have it's priced changed to be inline with it's equivalents.
  2. Diggsano

I never recognized it until now.....that is really unfair.
  3. Pikachu

I remember when marauder was 250 certs and canister was 1000 certs. Also this was back when marauder was superior to csnister.
  4. Diggsano

Dude what was back then cares no one....

Anything what cares is now and now the equivalents are cheaper.
  5. bLind db

Probably because this game has no QA department, or dev team, or anything like that.
  6. CovertYank

You are officially the Yoda of Planetman's
    • Up x 1
  7. PlanetBound

What is the UM DBG?
  8. Diggsano

I can't write that well in english...
    A lot of learn you must, young Padawan
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

This isn't a new thing. People commented on this back when a default shotgun was added to character loadouts. Once upon a time ago, there were two expensive shotgun options and one cheaper shotgun option. When they gave out default semi-automatic shotguns, they chose the Barrage, the Mauler, and the Thanatos, which all share the same stats, with exception to the Thanatos muzzle velocity and, obviously, its lower price bracket.

I do not know off-hand why they did this, though the rumor I heard was that, between the semi-automatics, the model more commonly used by the playerbase was retained in the Depot. This is most likely hearsay as it did not come directly through a developer's mouth but it's the only reason I have to go by.

Edit: actually, Oracle of Death seems to lend some veracity to this claim. Compare unique trending for semi-automatics that became default to semi-automatics that stayed in the store prior to March 2014.