Ultra?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Laraso, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Laraso

Is it possible to enable Ultra graphics in the test server? I play on Ultra on the live server, and I'd like to play with Ultra on the test server as well to maintain consistency.

Can it be done, and if so, how?
  2. KlyptoK

Well, the questions you must ask yourself is how was it accomplished to begin with and why should the test one be any different?
  3. Laraso

Because you have to edit the useroptions.ini, which I already set to use Ultra graphics but even though I'm using Ultra on the live server, it's not applying to the test server.
  4. KlyptoK

The next question is could you use the live client and it's resources to play on the test servers or did you have to download a new and completely separate client?
  5. Laraso

It's a separate client. Just to make sure, you have already tried the test server, haven't you? Because the answers to these questions should be pretty obvious to someone who has.

EDIT:

I see what you're getting at here. I was able to figure it out.
  6. LibertyRevolution

Good to hear, I didn't want to make a video showing how to right click the planetside 2 test server desktop icon to get the properties window so you could click on open file location and press u to find useroptions.ini and right click edit it. :cool:

(and yes that is the less cryptic version of what klyptok said)
  7. Laraso

When I downloaded it, I had assumed it would be pulling basic settings such as keybinds / audio / graphic settings from the useroptions.ini used by the main game. When I read "completely separate client" for a second time, I had an epiphany.
  8. LibertyRevolution

I had that epiphany when I pressed pitch up and slammed my scythe into the ground instead. :(

I only posted that reply so others that didn't know it had its own useroptions can find it.