Two SMGs, head to head!!!!!

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Corezer, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Corezer

Blitz vs Sirius

round 1

FIGHT!
  2. dragonwinds

cyclone wins.
    • Up x 6
  3. DeadliestMoon

Cute.
    • Up x 1
  4. Chubrokoli

wtf?
  5. Iridar51

Easy. Definitely Blitz.

1. Name: Blitz > Sirius
    Blitz - ideal for an aggressive assault SMG, coupled with light-weight and high ADS speed
    Sirius - just a brightest star in some star system, named after Egyptian god, Osiris.

2. Design: Blitz > Sirius
    Blitz has strict spec-ops and military design with angled box magazine, inherited from UMP-45 and MP-5 .40/10mm cal
    I would not say Sirius looks like ****, but it sure looks weird and lacks function for those horns and moving details.

3. Stability: Blitz > Sirius
    Blitz is a lot more stable with 1x scope, even without grip.
    Sirius kicks like crazy.

4. Reload time: Sirius > Blitz by 0.1 second, hardly matters

5. Recoil: Blitz > Sirius
    Blitz has angled recoil with horizontal bias, and has more vertical recoil than horizontal, so the gun is overall more stable and consistent.
    Sirius has balanced horizontal recoil, so no matter how skilled the user might be, he won't be able to compensate for the recoil better.

6. Bullet speed: Sirius > Blitz by 40 m/s, unpleasant, but not a big deal.
    Bullet speeds matters only at range, and SMGs are ineffective there anyway, and Blitz is still a great deal more effective due to recoil pattern.

Conclusion: Blitz > Sirius on all points that matter.
    • Up x 3
  6. Pie Chasm

Sirius, unless you're not good at aiming.. and I mean really, really.. not good... as in BAD.. as in it somehow took you 60 rounds to kill a single infiltrator who was AFK...

at 100 health.

Really bad.
  7. Ttariel

This is sirius business
    • Up x 2
  8. teks

Sirius kinda sucks. I like the scout rifle more honestly.
  9. OddChelsea

The sirius sucks?! Well now I've heard everything. Whether you like it or not, in no way does that gun suck. The blitz doesn't suck either, they both kick large amounts of *** in SMG range.
  10. Mhak

I like the Blitz a lot, although really all SMGs are very comparable. The Blitz basically feels like a watered-down GD-7F that trades DPS for stability and a bigger mag. Considering the GD-7F is the best CQC carbine the NC has, it's not a bad trade.

Not something I'd ever use on any class other than my infi, but it does well on my infi.
  11. teks

for infils, yeah, for everyone else there are better options like serpent, hv-45, orion, vx6-7, and every shotgun.
  12. Iridar51

NC don't really have other options for accurate hip-fire/close-ish range engagements. Shotguns are still only work within 5-10 meters, depending on spread, while Blitz'es large mag allows to take on even some distant targets.

GD-7F requires to ADS because of low accuracy more than other CQC carbines, which NC don't have.

Oh sorry :confused: this was about VS. sleepy head is sleepy.
    • Up x 1
  13. teks

Lets take a moment of silence to thank the lord we are not NC.
    amen!
    (sorry to all the NC I offended. freedom aint free. It requires terrible weapons.)
  14. Van Dax

I feel like you're talking about an entirely different gun..
    Sirius and blitz are almost exactly the same with close to negligible differences and neither have 60 rounds.
    • Up x 1
  15. Gundem

Fixed that for ya, brother.
  16. Pie Chasm

Yeah my bad. I mixed up Blitz with PDW-16...

oh well I can't edit it. Let everyone see my stupidity :)

In my defense if you just replace everything posted about Blitz with PDW-16, then my post is entirely accurate, of course I can't share schizophrenia with you so you'll just have to imagine. o_O
  17. thePankakeManne

Hey, just because all of our weapons sound like a barrage of hammers smacking an anvil doesn't mean they're terrible. :eek:

In relation to the actual thread, though, from what I've seen from VR and heard from other players, the Blitz is pretty much better than the Sirius. The reasons have been listed already, so I won't beat the dead horse.

[IMG]
  18. OddChelsea

I really don't see how either the blitz or the sirius is better than the other in SMG range, ESPECIALLY when hipfiring with an advanced laser. The differences are so incredibly minor for that role.
  19. Posse

Looking at the stats sheet they look pretty similar to me.
  20. Corezer

Exactly why I chose them!

I know which one is better, but I wont tell you! (hint: it isn't the one you're using!)

MWAHAHAHAHA