Turrets on jump pads?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MurderBunneh, Feb 1, 2013.

1. MurderBunneh

I am seeing this more and more I guess this is what children do. I asked about it in chat and was told it is not a bug and that a dev stated it is working as intended? Is this true?
  2. HannaDest

It is an exploit, everything else would be incredible silly.
  3. Gavyne

You mean engineers placing turrets where people land after jumping, instantly dying? I sure hope the devs will fix it. They need to make certain areas unmountable. That or just make it so people don't die when colliding with turrets.
    • Up x 1
  4. Imnuktam

I see them do this all the time but im not really sure what the point is. I have never seen them insta die on them like the above poster mentions.

Enemies are still able to use the pads every time I see it done, now I just have a stupid, shot blocking, griefing, turret in my way as I defend the pad.
  5. MurderBunneh

Ya I was going to report it for exploiting a bug but several of my fellow NC chimed in that a dev said it was ok. Like I said only a small child would think that it is good gameplay and not an exploit.
  6. HadesR

Was stated in another thread by a GM that it is working as intended since they can be avoided by moving yourself before you land
  7. HannaDest

There is an ingame workaround tho. While in the air you can adjust your jump and dont have to land on the pad.
  8. MurderBunneh

No if they put it in the right place it is instant suicide death when you land.
  9. MurderBunneh

Ok so move in teh air gotcha thanks.
  10. MurderBunneh

Well if it is intended then that is the dumbest **** I have ever seen.
    • Up x 3
  11. HannaDest

+1
  12. HadesR

Will not get any arguments from me on that matter but sadly I don't make the rules
  13. LibertyRevolution

Even if you couldn't deploy a turret on it, you could still park a flash on them, and that has the same effect.
  14. HannaDest

Terrorist.
  15. LibertyRevolution

I used a jumpad in an amp station and got flung into the side of a liberator killing me instantly..
    Guy landed on the top to repair the turrets.. there was no avoiding it, it takes up the whole top the tower. :/
  16. kill

You can move in the air. But you shouldn't die when you hit anything after using a jump pad. So it's definitely a bug.
  17. ExarRazor

its not a bug, but it IS considered an exploit, and is bannable

also, just in case people don't know, using explosives such as c4, grenades, prox mines, tank mines, AV grenades, etc to kill people inside a shielded area is also considered an exploit, and is also bannable.

if you see people killing others inside say, the teleport tube rooms in a biolab with c4 and such, please report them for exploiting
  18. Lucidius134

Use jump pad.

Hold A, D, or S to not land on the turret.

You can also use this to land somewhere different for camping enemies. I did this on mesa skydock to throw a nade at the campers and not land on the skydock at all.
  19. ArcMinuteLight

How about we ban entire server player-bases for spawning camping while they cap bases!
  20. Xind

It's incredibly tedious. Why not use mines? They don't kill your allies who don't realize you put a turret on their return path. >_<

And you get kills instead of give suicides. Turreting the jump pad is just being a ****** bag, pure and simple.