[BUG] Turrets - deploying/placement

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Zhakathoom, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Zhakathoom

Hello.

I feel someone from the dev team should take a serious look at the limitations of placing an engineer turret.
    As it is now it's almost impossible to place unless on a completely flat surface with a rather large unobstructed area around. Try to place it on a slope, somewhat in the shelter of a rock or cover or close to a railing or if there are other players whizzing past you, and it's a nightmare. It often requires pixel-accuracy to get it down, and then you have a 1-2 second "lag" or delay when you actually try to deploy it.

Deploying a turret, or rather trying to, has become nothing but an exercise in sniperbaiting.. (And just as well, since as soon as you enter the turret you're a free sniper kill anyway.)

But please make the turrets easier to deploy.

- Z

PS: I'm prefixing this with the [bug] tag since it's a feature I refuse to accept as being an intended part of gameplay. In fact it ruins it.
    • Up x 1
  2. starlinvf

Its done that way to how a the operator is placed and animated when using Turrets. If on a slope, they either end up clipping through, or floating off the ground... which causes problems with the map collision. Oh god map collision bugs are the worst.....

To work around it, the operator mount would have to be elastic. But thats currently ill advised as it causes the gunner to sink below the gap in the shields, making him immune to attacks 180 degrees in front.