Trigger delay on SAS-R?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by MykeMichail, Oct 15, 2014.

1. MykeMichail

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, or if its perhaps just my imagination, but when I'm using the SAS-R, it feels as though it doesn't fire towards where I'm aiming when I click, but where I'm aiming about 100-150 ms after I click.

This has some interesting results:

• If I'm tracking my target, I feel I need to continue to track them after I've fired.
    • If I'm waiting for them to walk into my crosshairs, I feel as though I need to click slightly earlier than I should need to given the guns projectile speed.
    • If I unscope immediately after clicking, my hipfire cone of fire seems to apply to the shot, even though the animation starts playing whilst I'm still scoped in.

I tried picking up some other guns and seeing if the same delay occured, but as far as I can tell it doesn't. I haven't tried the TR/VS equivalents to see if they do the same thing.

Am I imagining this, or is this something specific to sniper rifles? I know the Railjack does have a deliberate delay by design, but this is occuring on the SAS-R. I haven't tried the Gauss SPR/NC-14/Longshot to see if the same effect applies.
  2. Moz

Used the SASR a bit last night before Sony died a death, all seemed fine to me.

You sure it wasnt just a bit laggy at the time?
    • Up x 2
  3. yeHHH1g

Has been working fine for me on both Live play and in scrims/matches, you have to place the crosshairs a little differently than the ghost though. Couldn't tell you which direction, it's just an adjustment I make when I switch from the Ghost to the SAS-R and cycle a few kills with it.

The problems you listed also sound like latency based issues
  4. cykael

nevermind, misunderstood the post

most likely on your end