Trash talk and salt

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Azawarau, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Azawarau

A couple of VS were trolling over chat and i thought itd be great to join in and kill them with kindness

They didnt like that so a few of them went NC to kill me, probably on alt accounts. They succeeded once but the rest of the times i killed them because..... i had to.

Isnt there a more direct way of dealing with this?

Like i dont mind being killed but i was in the middle of sunderer hunting and my only death in the 2 hours ive played today were a TK from a VS player that TKd

Its getting in the way of a battle that ive been saving for a while now
  2. SW0V

The way you deal with it is you right click their names in the chat box and select ignore. Hope this helps your gameplay experience =)
    • Up x 1
  3. Eternaloptimist

I have the utmost contempt for deliberate teamkillers but I have to say you brought this one on yourself. Ignoring fools and inadequates is the only way I'm afraid.
  4. Gundem

You can't /ignore bullets headed toward your head m8, they swapped to his faction to TK him.

It's called harassment, if they continue you can report them to DBG, and if it actually got serious enough(Assuming you are in the US) you could actually take legal action.

While I highly doubt it'd get that serious, I wouldn't recommend going and saying "I'mma take you to court you big ol meany! You better stop!", because why add fuel to the fire?

Do tell them you will report them for Harassment, if that doesn't curb them then send a letter to support with sufficient evidence of your being harassed and they might get suspended.
    • Up x 2
  5. Azawarau

Will that prevent them from being able to see me?

Ive reported this guy about 3 times for each of his attempts at killing me that failed and another guy once or twice
  6. Azawarau

I took screenshots of the chat but have no idea where theyre saved at

But to explain it was mostly a couple of VS trash talking and i got in on it by being an idiot

I think it wasnt so much that as much as me killing all of their sundies. they called me out on that saying i didnt want a fight and NC only ghost cap and i fired back by telling them to defend their sundie and some other idiocies

Thats when the TKing started
  7. Sulsa

So you 'killed them with kindness' yet they still felt obligated to log off, restart, switch empires, find you on a continent with 1,000 other people and TK you?
    I think you had more to do with this than you are letting on...
  8. Azawarau

I most certainly did

They were calling NC garbage tking ghost campers and i accused them of being the ghost campers but admitted we TK

Something like

"Hey, We NC TKs most but the Vanu are the ghost campers"

Lets assume i was a total jerk after them. Does that justify it?

I think what youre trying to say here is losing its point
  9. Reclaimer77

How do you know for a fact it was them that "switched" to TK you? Just curious.

I don't know what server you play on, but I basically stopped playing NC on Emerald because of the random and senseless TK'ing. They're legendary for that....
  10. Azawarau

I cant absolutely prove it was them but there was a suspicious period of silence between the times i was attacked

This wasnt accidental

The first one emptied half a clip and half my health (max suit) at a sunderer with no enemies around, aiming right at me

I got away from him then an ally AV turret shot at me 4 times and finally got past my max suit to kill me

After that there were 4-5 separate attacks with rocket launchers where i was targeted in the spawn room while at the weapon terminal by the same 2 people

And at one point he found my invisible sunderer in an amp station and shot at me with his rocket launcher

When i went into the sunderer to avoid he he jumped in it too so i kicked him then jumped out and shot him after he hit my sunderer with 2 rockets

I cant prove it absolutely but considering the situation this is the most likely reason by far

If nothing else it should be clear these two were targeting me
  11. Spoprockl

What some people in this thread were trying to say: Don't mess with them at all.

If you try to fight them on their level they'll beat you with experience.

Report for harassment, then ignore them, then move on. If you have to mess with them, be prepared for their mischief to be focused on you.
  12. Azawarau

They definitely didnt beat me

Out of 5-6 attempts they only killed me on the first one

http://puu.sh/mWLru/f88d23b588.jpg

Heres an example

The next line after that is "I dont think it means what you think it means"

Alot of the reason they kept coming back is they dint land more than one kill

Just alot of failed attempts where theyd land one rocket then run around until killed them

If i didnt have a shield it wouldve been a bigger issue
  13. Shiaari

My inner narcissist is demanding to know why not one single griefer has ever targeted me that way.

*sniff* I want attention.
    • Up x 1
  14. SW0V

Just ignore them. Bullies get bored when they see you're not reacting. Let them kill you.... let them kill you 5 times. They'll get weapons locked and you can move on with your life.

If they keep killing you go to a different fight.

If they follow you and keep killing you, this is when you report them, and this is when you can call it 'harassment'. By this time there will be plenty of evidence in the game-log to show you were being harassed and they, in this circumstance, should get suspended or possibly even banned if it was exceptionally bad behavior.

You don't report someone every time they 'try and fail' to team kill you because there is no evidence of that for someone who reviews your harassment claim and won't result in any kind of repercussions.
  15. Azawarau

Next time ill throw on OBS record and just use that
  16. SpartanPsycho

Well, what a pathetic post.

Listen, you need to enjoy the hatred, enjoy the team-switch tking, enjoy the harassment.

It means you've ruined a *******'s day.