TRAP,the worst purposed weapon of the game????

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Ximaster, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Ximaster

As a sniper,people said that is a ********. That is more effective at close to medium distances,and RAMS.50 is the best choice for longer distances. But i want to compare with the other equivalents in other factions (Railjack and Phaseshift) What do u think about that weapon???? Its a good investiment????

I think that is a good sniper for medium to close distances,and have good aim hipfire,at least as what i test in VR room.
  2. Liewec123

its a great mid/close weapon for a skirmisher style infiltrator,
    in 3xburst mode its effectively a 2 shot kill and you don't even need to land headshots.
    and yeah, the hipfire lets you use it like a shotgun for infiltrator if you want lol :p

what i'd recommend is sticking a silencer and forward grip on it, i think thats the optimal configuration.

so to summarize, people wanting to snipe should avoid trap, aggressive infils will love it!
    • Up x 1
  3. Ximaster

Tomorrow i will build one of those 3 similar tier weapons,but im undecided which one. Railjack seems to be the best,but TRAP is very funny,while Phaseshift have unlimited ammo and no bullet drop.
  4. Liewec123

phaseshift is certainly interesting for the versatility and unlimited ammo,
    i just wish it had a 1x scope option so you could use it aggressively. :)

railjack seems the least interesting to me, its just a sniper rifle :p
    though if sniping is what you're after its the best of the 3
  5. DeltaValkyrie

The TRAP is very lacklustre weapon for what it does. With magazine size of 18 and appalling pool of 144 it's only really viable as a midrange weapon. Personally I think you are just better off going for SOAS-20 or Vandal which does this weapon's job anyway if not better.

Edit: To further my argument it does a measly 184 damage at close and 167 at range ... missed shots will punish you badly with this weapon since it doesn't quite have the potential to make up for it due to smaller mag
  6. Liewec123

vandal and soas cant kill from bodyshots in 2 clicks. :)
    trap in 3x burst mode is really awesome for close mid range skirmishing infils
  7. Procyon72

TRAP is an awesome weapon. Its easily the best closerange option an TR infil has, apart from SMGs. Like Liewec said its a two shot kill if you use the three-shot-mode, which is the only viable mode on the TRAP. Better time to kill than both SOAS and Vandal. It can oneshot people with a single burst to the head if all shots hit. Thats not hard considering that the delay between shots is almost nonexistant and its recoil is better than that of a SAW. Or you just EMP a group.
    The ammo cap is low, yes, but you can simply cloak when you have to reload.
    Also its silencer is the best in the game. Find a tree or something next to a group of people and they wont notice as you take them out on by one.
    It is not a Sniperrifle. IT IS NOT A SNIPER !!! Its a supressed shotgun. Dont compare it to actual snipers like the Railjack or a RAMS.
  8. Booface

You need to compare the TRAP to weapons in its own category to decide whether it's terrible or not. It actually performs favorably when you compare it to the SOAS-20 and the Vandal for the appropriate ranges. It's meant to be a skirmishing mid-range weapon with close range utility, similar in usage to the SMGs but less specialized toward close quarters.

If you land your hits, it's a bit better than the SOAS-20 at mid range and a bit worse at close range. The issue is that, like the SOAS-20, it's only a good weapon if you are very good at controlling your engagement distance. All the scout rifles are like that.
  9. Navron

10. Leivve

I use to hate the trap. But after using the semi auto scout rifle for a while. I now am very comfortable with its use. Though I don't think it's a "MUST HAVE!!" weapon. I would say play around with it and the scout rifles for a bit. If you already like the semi auto scout rifles, or sniper rifles then absolutely pick it up. But it's style isn't' for everyone.