TRAP-M1

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by hawken is better, Feb 16, 2014.

1. hawken is better

Your thoughts on this biznitch? I personally think it's going to get nerfed within the first two months.

Also, are we going to be able to equip a foregrip on this thing?
  2. DrTeeth

Get nerfed? It's pre-nerfed if you ask me.
    • Up x 1
  3. Benevon

It's not even been released yet. Let's wait till after it goes live before calling for nerfs.
  4. Rigsta

How so? At its intended range it kills very quickly and the recoil is easily controllable; even without a sight to aim down.
  5. hawken is better

It's pretty solid out to about 50 meters; two 3-round bursts will drop someone. I can see this being a major pain for NC/VS players at closer ranges when you've got infils quickly decloaking, firing, and moving (which is what any good infil would be doing anyway).

Who asked for nerfs? Jesus Christ.
    • Up x 2
  6. Benevon

Asking for nerfs, predicting nerfs, same difference. No need to get cranky.

Just tried it out on PTS myself, I probably won't be buying it in it's current state. Not a fan of burst fire weapons. We'll see what kind of attachments you can use when it goes live. But I don't really see anything overpowered about it.
  7. hawken is better

No, lol. I predicted an Annihilator nerf back in February 2013, I didn't ask for one. Big difference. But that is all besides the point, do not respond to me again.
    • Up x 1
  8. Benevon

Whatever you say, Nostradamus.

Either way, TRAP seems lackluster to me.
    • Up x 1
  9. Rigsta

Dude, he told you not to respond. You're in trouble now!
    • Up x 3
  10. Zakum

Dude is doens't need a nerf it needs a re-making,seriously the TRAP-M1 is the most ****iest gun on the PTS,it is not but a battle rifle.
    It's damage,recoil,bullet velocity and magnifications make it useless as a sniper rifle ,and when you look at it's fully automatic mode,the damage model,the magazine size and the hip accuracy it makes this "sniper rifle" nothing more than a high damage battle rifle.
    If they want it to fall in the category off a sniper rifle they need to re-think and re-make the weapon,because it's pretty much useless right know and if it got nerfed it is just going to be horrible.
    So a really really horrible,and not unique gun on it's current state
  11. Rigsta

Really.
    Is very high if you can land shots reliably.
    Is the most predictable of any gun I've used in Planetside 2. The crosshair can be kept dead still during the burst.
    Is 600m/s. Which is only 50m/s less than the RAMS .50/Longshot/Parallax.
    Aren't on the PTS. No attachments or optics are implemented yet. I suspect it will max out at 6-8x, which feels appropriate for the weapon.
    I get good use out of the Phantom, Ghost, Spectre and XM98, all of which are classed as sniper rifles and all of which are best used at the same sort of range. And have lower velocity.
    I'm not aware of an infiltrator weapon that even comes close to the way the TRAP M1 operates and plays. Or any other gun for that matter.

But hey, I don't even TR. Let's hear your design including art, sound, statistics and mechanics for a new and unique, fun, balanced infiltrator weapon.
  12. Bape

It called a super sabr for a reason just like the pro is called the longshot 2.0 or super longshot.
    • Up x 1
  13. MrMurdok

It's a multi range killing platform, but people are mad because it's not a sniper rifle.
    • Up x 1
  14. Hoki

We'll see what attachments it gets but it does have super-sabr potential, but it shouldn't be classified as a "Sniper" rifle imo.

Thus, the TRAP should not be limited to sniper scopes, should not have scope sway, and should have access to forgrip and compensator.

For super-SABR purposes the 2 shot burst will be where it shines if it shines, however the 3 shot burst + knife combo will be very very good.
  15. Hoki

Actually as long as they don't give it scope sway and limit it to "Sniper" rifle attachments, I'd be pretty interested int he TRAP.

So it all depends how SOE treats it. If I can't put a compensator, forgrip, and 2x on it, throw it in the trash can. If it has scope sway on it, throw it in the trash can.
  16. Astraka

Which is baffling. We already have four 'different' sniper rifles already. As an NC I would be thrilled if we got a new weapon that wasn't another lousy sniper rifle. Instead we get Longshot Mk II - which by the looks of it is going to be hilariously overpowered and boring as hell to use. I suppose that's only fair since the TR have been saddled with overpowered yet boring empire specific equipment since day one, but still.
  17. MrMurdok

The zoom on it is 3.4, if that's the TRAP's default optic, then I'm good to go with it, and as we know, all sniper rifles get the stupid forward grip rail attachment, we might have found the first rifle that could actually do anything with it.
    • Up x 1
  18. d3adline

My guess, at release it's going to be the best weapon of the three, forumsiders will cry like 3 year olds about it for months, it will get nerfed into oblivion, making it not only the worst of the three but also worse than the existing scout rifles, so NC and VS will have access to the best scout rifles while sitting on the mothers of all bolt-action and semi-auto rifles on top of it. Business as usual.

The name says it already, it's a TRAP!
    • Up x 1
  19. hawken is better

Most of the people that I've spoken to seem to agree that TR got royally shafted when it comes to SMGs. The least that SOE could do is give us a workable (read: not completely terrible/unusable) TRAP as compensation.
  20. Benevon

Would gladly trade my Armistice for a Cyclone or Eridani.