TR weapon help

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Falrond, Jul 3, 2015.

1. Falrond

Hey, I havent been here since the beta, so I was looking for some guidance

On my heavy, I have the TMG-50, CARV-9, Mini-Chaingun, and I am looking to get the MSW-R soon
    But I wonder if there are other weapons I should be going for? Either because it is very good or because I have a hole in ranges that isnt covered by the above mentioned weapons.

I hope you can help, I will be testing out whatever you say in the VR-training to see if it fits my playstyle
  2. HamOnRye

Unless you are pushing for directives I would stick with the TMG-50 for all around work, and the Carv for short to mid range. While I do like the MSW-R the angled recoil is not my favorite, plus I run out of ammo quite a bit.
  3. Falrond

I am not going for directives at all yet.

I have been using the TMG-50 quite a lot, but I have started finding it rather ineffective lately, especially at closer distances.

angled recoil? I tested it in VR and liked handling it, but it might be different in real situations
  4. HamOnRye

Aim for the head. It has a low First Shot Recoil multiplier so its very doable with this gun. 3 shots bags you a kill.
  5. Khallixtus

You certainly have all the ranges covered, the Carv-9 does short-mid range wonderfully, although it falls of on long range as it gets a bit wild. The TMG-50 is a good ranged gun, but close-range is difficult, because hipfiring that gun past 2 metres is suicide. The only problem I have with the TMG is I find the recoil a little high. The MCG is a good close quarters weapon that can still do something at mid range.

The MSW-R is a good weapon, and great in CQC with a tight hipfire and high DPS, and SPA helps that along even more. The lack of ammo is a problem, as with 750 RPM that 50 bullets disappears very quickly, a total of just under 4 seconds. This makes longer ranges sometimes hard, and if you go up against another heavy long range, chances are you'll run out of ammo before he dies. But that makes up for the incredible close quarters.

If you want a very strong mid-range LMG, go for the Rhino or the Bull. The main differences are that the Bull has less ammo but a tighter hipfire. The other difference, the one that concerns the midrange, is that when certed out, the Rhino will recoil more vertically (it has next to 0 horiz. recoil) and the Bull recoils horizontally, because it has a compensator but only a normal Fore-Grip, not Adv like the Rhino. Only problem is these guns have poor DPS, and they do badly, not so much the Bull, at close quarters because of it.

You have all the ranges covered, so now it's more about trying out the different guns and seeing which ones you like to use. If you like using a gun, chances are you'll do better with it than others.
    • Up x 1
  6. Falrond

Thank you for that post Khallixtus =)

How about the NS-15m compared to these? would it be overall better?
  7. skully squadron

Bull for the win :D
  8. Eternaloptimist

9. Eternaloptimist

Ummmmm, what's happening to my use of quote marks?
  10. Khallixtus

The NS-15M is still a great weapon, incredibly steady, and a definitely controllable leftwards recoil. However, the DPS on that thing is shockingly bad. 143 dmg at 625 RPM is tiny. Rhino and Bull have 650 RPM, which although isn't great, will still kill something. The NS-15M is still good, but I don't think it is as good.
  11. Neo3602

I suggest that you look at the stats of the NS-15M again because it shoots at 652 RPM same as the Rhino and the Bull
    • Up x 1
  12. Ximaster

I recently make a TR HA,and ive build the mini chain gun,as i test in 7 BRs with that weapon,its a SAW killing enemyes (im not refering to Gauss SAW of NC) but u need to start shooting earlyer than ur future target,specially if u dont have the (as i call it) "starting to vomit bullets early" mod. With that mod u start to shoot ur weapon quicker than without that mod,but still u need to start shooting earlyer than ur target. Oh,and its close quarters to medium distances weapon,forgot to shoot in longer targets because u dont hit any bullet,maybe 1 or 2 from 100. But in overall its a incredible weapon,and theres is no equivalent in other factions,so its unique :D