TR shotguns

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by bOzhenka, Jun 2, 2016.

1. bOzhenka

Hey guys. sry for my eng. which shotgun u can recomend? i realy like standart haymaker but i think that TR have better
  2. Eternaloptimist

Empire specific shotguns are rubbish outside of ranges where you could probably stab people - huge cone of fire (CoF), especially when moving and very limited effective range.

I think the "best" shotgun is the NS Baron. I've only just got one because the half price weapons sale (plus nothing else I wanted to buy) and so I have not used it much. But it has a noticeably tighter CoF and so a slightly better effective range.

I really want to like using shotguns but it is hard work. Do not be put off by my negative view of them. I'm sure other people will have a different opinion.
  3. Cirena

I like the Nighthawk with slugs :)
  4. Armcross

I like the full auto. Some S variants have shotguns too.
  5. Iridar51

6. Riksos

If you like auto-shotties, take the Nighthawk. Best auto-shotty in the game.

Personally I like Pump Actions, for TR take the BLACKJACK over the NS Baron or the Uppercut. If anything because it looks the coolest and has the best name of any gun. Every time I come around a corner BOOM DEAL A HAND, 21, BLACKJACK, DEAD.
  7. MrMinistry30

Auto shottys for that nice suicidal jump into hords of enemies who stand VERY close to each other, baron for normal combat
  8. Joorald

Baron this, Baron that. Ugh, you people have no sense of faction identity these days.

Personally, I use the Blackjack on my support classes and give the Uppercut to the LA. Ext. Mags is a MUST. And I prefer the Terran 1x sights over the iron.
    • Up x 1
  9. LaughingDead

None of the shotguns are empire specific.
    They all have the same stats cross faction.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ximaster

Oh,Nighthawk its not empire specific???? Nighthawk on NC too??? Pandora on TR???? Jackhammer on Vanu???? Please...
  11. Cirena

Welcome to Planetside 2.

The Nighthawk is 100% identical to the Piston, both of which are 99% identical to the Pandora. The same goes for every other type of normal shotgun.
    The only actual faction specific shotgun is the Jackhammer and perhaps the directive ones, idk/c.
    • Up x 2
  12. LaughingDead

Autos are carbon copies, pumps are carbon copies, second gen pumps same, higher ammo semis same, base semis are the same as well.
    The jackhammer is an empire specific heavy weapon and therefor separate from the lines of shotguns as only the heavy can use them.

Mauler is the barrage, barrage is the nova, nova is the mauler.
    If you really want to try educating yourself, here's a wiki link. http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Shotguns
    • Up x 1
  13. Ximaster

"LaughingDead" surely most of players laugh on your dead body in battlefield...so,no thanks,im not trying anything...enjoy ur shotguns.