TR Scout Rifles/Trial Weapons

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Donahew, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Donahew

Recently I decided to try the Infiltrator and I was told that scout rifles were the best choice for close-med range. But what scout rifle is the best to use? Also I have tried to get a trial weapon but when I click on the TRY NOW button, nothing happens. Do I have to have a code or something to use trial weapons?
  2. Dead

The best scout rifle is HSR semi auto (just my opinion). I was initially using the HSR with a 4x scope and then a 2x scope. Now I use the TSAR bolt action with a 2x scope (I have good aim) which I prefer because it's 1 or 2 hit kills. Also when you click trial there should be some notification that a trial has started. Then you can equip the weapon from the class loadout menu.
  3. blzbug

No special code needed for a trial. Just note that you can only trial one weapon every 8 hours, the trial lasts for 30 minutes, and you can't trial the same weapon again for 30 days. If you have already trialed one in the past 8 hours, that may be why you can't get another one.

Regarding the scout rifles, 90% opinion is they are pretty weak. At medium range, the low scope snipers are better. At close range, the pistol is better. I've gotten lots of kills with the HSR, but it is always a struggle. I feel like I got the kill in spite of the weapon, not because of it. You will constantly be outgunned by the average engineer running with the average carbine. The free carbine is a far superior weapon to the $7 scout rifles. We infiltrators are boned out of getting a decent close range weapon.
  4. Zakka

I actually like the Stalker allot for close range, does the job pretty well.

However it is true toe-to-toe our close range rifles are poor compared to others.

I'd really like to see some carbines or a special type of hand gun the infiltrator could get.