TR/NC/VANU max differences

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Niller56, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Niller56

Hello,
    I'm am not sure but I think there have been similar forum's as this but would like to make theory, argument, and at least have a say in the forums of the game. I have been playing PS2 since beta, and after past 2 yrs of playing as TR I find these max weapon's in poor support in a fight.
    I have seen NC and Vanu weapons tear each other apart as well as TR. I have found that,"NCM3 Raven" for NC and the "Vortex VM21" a Vanu weapons as bringing, TR development of Max's Weaponry and armament in a poor taste. Where the new TR, "MR1 Fracture" is a little addition to TR armory, it rapid fire, very low damage, and mortar like feature's make it less a choice for head-on fighting, I feel and see that NC weapon being in power of heavy damage, Vanu in being Area of effect, and TR in speed of discharge of weaponry, in which I would like to discuss and ask can there be new weapons for the TR to combat these threats.
    Since the TR, believe in readiness to unload on their target, can there be an equal weapon such as the "T7 Mini-Chaingun" for TR Max or a rifle type of weapon for TR to make max too more favorable for TR and combat use, then just defender waiting for army of "NCM3 Raven" Max's to enter the room that able to kill any max in 2-3 shot.
  2. minhalexus

The TR has mini-chain guns as it's MAX weapons.

Have you really been playing since 2 yrs? More importantly have you been playing recently?
    Fractures are not anything new.

Also, I have yet to see an army of Raven Maxes, they aren't very popular (probably due to how expensive they are), and they're pretty bad at killing Maxes. They require like 6-8 shots (assuming all of them hit).

Pounders are the best AV weapon at killing infantry, and it belongs to the TR.
  3. DatVanuMan

The Vortex is good? ARE YOU JOKING? You must be joking! This man is joking!
    ... You ARE joking, right? :D
    Right?
  4. Takara

Throw all the ideas of empire specifics out the window. This game hasn't given empire's guns or weapons empire traits in a long time to be quite honest. There is a slight nod to the idea on the MAX unit guns but ...not much.
  5. Niller56

I don't consider the M's series and MRC3 as mini-gun as they feel more as assault guns.
  6. Niller56

Mostly giving examples, as for vortex i seen work only very well in a focus anti-tank max squad to drop from a galaxy onto a hill n begin firing kinda make it better if plan.
  7. Alarox

The Vortex is bad? News to me.
    • Up x 1
  8. BobSanders123

The vortex is annoying. Not good.
  9. minhalexus

Will adding a spin up time make them feel like a mini-chain gun?
  10. DatVanuMan

Blasphemy!
    I mean, compared to other vehicles, the Vortex isn't meant for killing, it's meant for deterrence.
  11. DatVanuMan

Only effective in large groups, almost like any other "special" VS weapon. Although, they can work miracles if you have a group.
    • Up x 1
  12. Alarox

You can "deter" my tank from twice your render distance... that isn't even close to bad.
    • Up x 1
  13. Mxiter

Ravens can also does it.

The fracture are certainly the only one long range max AV useless at range
  14. Alarox

1.) I'm not arguing over whose toys are better. I'm responding to a specific quote where he says that the Vortexes are basically useless.

2.) Just to clarify, ravens don't go up to double render distance.
  15. Serialkillerwhale

Lets see:

NC Max:
    half a nanosecond faster point blank TTK.
    Effective AI range shorter than their weapon's barrel.
    Can shield while reloading, which doesn't work on most weapons used to kill MAX units anyway.
    The Raven is it's only really useful advantage

TR Max:
    Extremely high TTK (Takes half a nanosceond more than a NC max)
    Actually useful beyond the range of smell.
    gains a 35-50% boost to rate of fire and reload speed at the cost of being a turret.
    Lockdown makes it look constipated.

VS Max:
    Longest effective range, and has the same TTK as the other maxes (Effecively an instant death radius) at shorter ones.
    Vortex has literally double the range of the render distance for infantry. Vehicles render at that range. CHEESING HO!
    ZOE massively boosts speed, rendering pretty much all anti-max weapons (Slow rockets, C4) pointless while making them slightly more vulnerable to bullets.
    Small hitbox
    Impossible to tell apart from regular grunts at distance.
    Shoulder plates don't have hitboxes, making them even harder to hit.
    1% Larger head that somehow makes up for the 2 above.
  16. Pikachu

Ravens not popular? Those things have been the most popular MAX AV weapons since the MAX update. Wherever there is a fight with max and vehicle present, there will be raven maxes shooting rheir blue missiles which scream they are addicted to. Where do you play? In unicorn land? :confuses:
  17. Pikachu

Is fractire that bad? It was good at shooting vehivles before pu2 at least.
  18. Pikachu

I tested lockdown AI weapons on a harasser and the difference was only 20% shorter TTK. Seems like its a really bad ability for AI work. Fracture on the other hand gives 50% fastrr, well at least before pu2.
  19. minhalexus

Okay, a few things to note:-

1) The context was infantry not vehicles.
    2) Army of Raven maxes stomping TR/VS armies on point.

I've played this game for a little more than a year, and I've yet to see an army of Ravens rushing a point. Read the OPs post, to get the full idea to what I was replying too.
  20. MaxDamage

AI:

NC: CHAK CHAK CHAK!
    TR: DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
    VS: PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW PEW!

AV:

NC: WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH
    TR: THUNKA THUNKA, THUNKA THUNKA, THUNKA THUNKA!
    VS: PHTOOM, PHTOOM!

NC: EEEEEEEEURRRRRRGGH
    TR: WHEEEEE! x10
    VS: BOSH BOSH BOSH BOSH BOSH! etc.

AA:

NC: DUSH DUSH DUSH DUSH DUSH DUSH DUSH
    TR: DUSHDUSHDUSHDUSHDUSHDUSHDUSH!
    VS: DUSH DUSH DUSH DUSH DUSH DUSH DUSH
    • Up x 7