TR MAX Lockdown, how could it be improved?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by 11Sheldonator, Mar 11, 2014.

1. 11Sheldonator

How can the TR's "lockdown" ability for the MAX be improved? At the moment the only thing it's really good for is when your running dual bursters or for eating a brick of C4. I know that SOE plan on making you stick your feet faster in the ground and take them out faster as well, but is this enough???? What's your opinion?
  2. CrashB111

The only way to make Lockdown viable is to increase your vision radius while stuck to the floor, and improve explosives resistance. So long as it still takes 2 Decimators or 1 C4 to kill a Lockdown MAX it simply isn't worth the risk of activating the ability.
    • Up x 6
  3. 3asyD

Imo scrap it and give us something new, I've used it a few times it's suicide.
    • Up x 2
  4. MostlyClueless

Dual Pounder Lockdown MAX can murder the hell out of anything on defense and on attack it can melt a Sunderer faster than two Engineers can rep it.

No idea how to improve it for AI arms though. It's really hard to think of any change for AI arms when Charge is such a good fit for them already.
  5. vsae

Lockdown doesnt need faster deployment, it needs instant undeployment and longer deployment
    • Up x 2
  6. K2k4

I think they should just make it a passive ability that your max gets when it is not moving.
  7. Edenwolf

Whatever you do SOE, don't scrap lockdown as it's fun as **** to use.
  8. Negator

Faster undeploy would be nice. How bout a 15m prox radar while locked down?
  9. Latrodectus

I don't know why you would need such a thing when there's always motion sensors and darts tucked into every corner of a building.
  10. MostlyClueless

Reduction to rocket damage while locked down is really the only thing that'll make some people use it. As is you need a pocket Engineer to really get any joy out of it.
  11. Bindlestiff

I still say faster undeploy as a certable(?) option that enforces a much longer cooldown on reuse of the ability, and takes a small amount of health (kind of like an emergency undeploy feature).
  12. Cinnamon

Reduce all incoming damage to the point where two bricks of C4 cannot outright kill you even if you are not using flak armour. Should be able to tank multiple AP rounds, last a long time against a shredder and so on.

Either that or just forget about it and everyone can carry on using charge apart from fourth factioners who can cert it just to make claims about how TR are spoiled with amazing lockdown abilities.
  13. gualty

Improve it? Better get rid of it imho.
    Everything else will be fine, i have no preferences.

Basically, in all other game i play it's not a feature, is a negative effect.
    It's called "root".
    Till now, all the workaround i've seen are more a placebo than a solution.

SOE should think something different, not trying to insist on this concept.

Actually it is just an exasperation of the HA shield.
    HA shield work because you got reduction movement for increased armor, but movement is still a factor.
    But if you take off one of the factors (movement) the equation is messed up, no matter how hard you try.
  14. Negator

Could just cut your walk speed to like 33%
  15. Ash87

Make lockdown where you can move, but at a vastly reduced rate (25-40% regular speed)

Give lockdown maxes a shield (Like a turret has)

Increase explosive resistance

Any of these would work.
  16. Gustavo M

Get rid of it and replace it with something like a "ZOE 2.0": Increased movement speed and dakka.
  17. Flashtirade

Here's a random idea I came up with for a redesign.

New Ability: MAX Instant Autoloader
    In an effort to improve fire density, Republic engineers devised a system that seamlessly reloads the weapons after they've emptied their magazines, allowing MAXes to keep on the pressure even without support.

There is a long transition period when toggling the ability. The MAX may move during this period, but only at its regular walking speed. This ability cannot be toggled while running. It is recommended that the ability be activated long in advance of a combat situation and deactivated in a secure area.

Pros:
    + Combined ammo pool, no reloading
    + Faster rate of fire for AI weapons
    + No accuracy reduction for AV weapons

Cons:
    - Cannot resupply when active (to prevent endless firing)
    - Accuracy reduction for AI weapons
    - Significantly reduces rate of fire for AV weapons (Pounders, Fractures, Bursters)
  18. hawken is better

I like that.
  19. Kristan

Lockdown should have shield generator to provide small durability bonus.

Still I find lockdown mostly useful for AV and AA, where this shield generator won't help much.
  20. Cowabunga

Either a 360 degree turret mode or give it a forward facing stance that lets you walk around in the same speed as AEGIS shield but with a slow mouse speed and higher ROF. This will make the TR MAX lumber forward, have slow reaction time but still be mobile and effective at point defence.