[TR] long range weapons?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Nick Crusaire, May 27, 2013.

1. Nick Crusaire

not sure which of the guns is suited for long range combat, any pointers?
  2. Caserion

Any weapon that has burst fire, advanced forward grip, compensator and/or high velocity ammo. There are like three, i believe. Just test them out in VR and you'll know which one of those it is...

The T1 Cycler is still a great weapon though, just requires a little bit of bursting.
  3. Dr.Insomnia

Three weapons have burst fire (T1B cycler, T1S Cycler, SABR-13). But of those only two have compensator (SABR, T1S) and only one have an advanced forward grip (SABR-13).
    SABR-13 though is a love-it-or-hate-it weapon since it completely lacks automatic fire and features a 2x burst.

TR Medics tend to excel closer up where the TRV and TAR are pretty excellent choices.
  4. Nick Crusaire

i have close and med range weapons, i need one for longer range engagements.
  5. Dr.Insomnia

Well. SABR-13 or T1S Cycler are you choices then.
    Not really a fan of either of them though.
  6. MrIDoK

The T1S with grip, compensator and hva is a good mid-long range weapon that is still effective at short, but it's not that great either. Nice all-rounder, but it's not a good choice for long range.
    The T1B is the cheapest alternative, gives you great accuracy even while moving and the best horizontal recoil for our medic weapons (except for the SABR).
    The SABR-13 is very much a personal choice: someone love it and would marry it, others would burn it and trade it for a Beamer. It gives a very good accuracy at mid and long range and the best damage of all our assault rifles. The lack of full-auto makes it a crappy weapon for short range, but the lowest first shot recoil multiplier of the whole game (x0.75) is what makes this gun great.

Conclusion: try them all out in VR. My suggestion is the T1B with grip and 3.4x optic for mid-long range and SABR with compensator, advanced foregrip and 4x for long range. The T1S is nice and all, but lacks the accuracy needed to place shots consistently at long range.
  7. Word Of Madness

Either the SABR-13 or the NS-11A. The SABR is very accurate, but the forced burst fire may take a little getting used to. The burst fire also reduces your potential damage per second, so it often comes off second best in short-mid range engagements. The NS-11A isn't quite as effective at the far end, but it is a little more flexible. It has low recoil and cone of fire, allowing you to fire longer bursts, and sometimes go full auto into targets at mid-long range. It's also got relatively tight hip-fire without the compensator, so while it isn't going to outdo the TAR/TRV/T1, it's not terrible if you get caught out at close range.
  8. Nick Crusaire

basically, what i'm gettin from this is that the SABR is really the only option, since everything else is " long range, but not really ".

fair assessment?
  9. cfnz

I would argue the SABR-13 isn't necessarily that good at long range either, I haven't used it much since the recent changes so it might be better now. In the past the horizontal and vertical recoil stopped the second shot hitting targets closer than about ~60m, and the weapon is billed as being able to accurately land 2 shots on targets. Again though, it might be better now.

It depends on what you mean by 'long range', I've seen people doing just fine with default weapons at ranges that seem to be ~60m, beyond that there aren't many 'good' weapons imo.
  10. }{ellKnight

I find the T1S to be an excellent mid to long range gun with the right attachments, I've gotten kills at some pretty ridiculous ranges with it. It's a good gun because apart from that you also get more versatility with your attachments. Just remember when to full auto, burst and single shot and you'll be fine.
  11. hansgrosse

Agreed. SABR-13 or NS-11A are your best bets for long range combat.
  12. Kupcake

The SABR is your best choice. I just don't think it's a particularly good one. It's a way better choice than the T1B, though.

The SABR does have a 0.03 first-shot standing ADS CoF, which is vital for engaging targets at extreme range. It also has good horizontal recoil (0.15 to 0.175 with adv foregrip) and can mount a comp. Projectile velocity is also solid.

But I find its burst fire is really a gimmick without a lot of use.

Think about actual usage for weapons like this. At long range, you're firing rapid single shots and waiting for the CoF and reticle position to recover. At medium range, you'd normally be using a controllable weapon in full auto. There's only a very narrow range window somewhere between medium and long where the SABR is good. Yes, it has a 0.75x FSM, but that's still 0.3 vertical recoil, so that second shot isn't going to hit targets at very long range. I think the SABR would be a lot better if they lowered the RoF and decreased the FSM to 0.5x, but that's just me.

So it will do its job in that it will let you take out people-using CQB weapons at range. But if you engage something like a Corvus or Gauss Rifle at range, I'm thinking they'd have the advantage.
  13. commandoFi

It probably depends on your meaning of "long range". If you mean sniper support you want the SABR for sure. Cycler (any of them) and NS-11 are good for mid-long too.
  14. hansgrosse

The SABR-13 is an interesting gun that tends to polarize its users. There are those who will swear by the thing and others who'd probably rather run in to fight with their knife than use it. That being said, I'd personally recommend it above all else for a long-range option.

I've found that it does very well with semi-auto fire at long to extreme ranges and can hold its own at anything under that with the 2-round burst. Think of it as a mini TMG-50 that you need to spam the trigger for to get a "full-auto" effect.
  15. DCWarHound

I like the SABR-13,tried it in VR and i'm now saving up for it.500c short.will prob get 200c over today and tomorrow and the rest this weekend if we have double XP weekend again.

1x sights + Compensator + Adv.ForwardGrip

High velocity ammo is situational,at medium range you don't want it because of the added recoil.Long range you want it because it's easier to hit moving targets and you can't exactly hit headshots with it long range until it gets another buff in accuracy.

Don't use anything above 2x because it will mess with your aim (test the scopes in VR training,you will see that lower powered scopes feel more accurate because recoil feels less)