TR Jaguar was made useless !

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mambakiller, May 2, 2013.

1. Mambakiller

Has a higher recoil and spread than ANY other lmg in the game atm, while is not a lmg itself.
    This was uncalled for.Undeserved.
    Why increase the recoil on jaguar, a mid range combat carabine, higher then the mwr or tmg 50?
    Who is in charge of this "balancing"?

Patchnotes.

TR LC3 Jaguar
    Long Reload: 3.85 to 3.88 seconds
    *Short Reload: 2.8 to 2.755 seconds
    Max horizontal recoil: 0.25 to 0.275

SAY WHAT????
    • Up x 7
  2. NoctD

The Lynx is quite useless too. And the GD-7F got hit. Buuuut...

Notice the VX6-7 and Serpent didn't get any nerfs? :eek:

Yeah go figure.
    • Up x 3
  3. TWFTwilight

It is a CQC Carbine and it still does it´s job. The recoil increase wasn´t that much noticable in the VR.
    • Up x 1
  4. Mambakiller

Its a medium range carabine.
    Lynx is CQC. And shotguns....
    • Up x 5
  5. Paperlamp

It's a bit mind boggling how random the nerfs were. Luckily I can still use the VX6-7 and it'll have the same killing power just a longer reload. Feeling bad for TR LA/Engi right now, but it looks like switching to VS was a good idea.

Jaguar and Lynx were probably a bit stronger than VS/NC but in no way needed to get nerf hammered in an area they were already weak in.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fumblewatt

So video demonstrate how the best carbine in the game got nerfed
  7. Mambakiller

It wasn't the best carabine in the game, take your trolling somewhere where is appreciated...there were at least 3 models i could think of about its value.....
    So, i could say l2p and l2analyze.
  8. Fumblewatt

Congratulations, Serpent + the new secondary pistols are perfectly viable instead of VX6-7
  9. Fumblewatt

No it was the best all-around carbine, with 10 more in the mag and 0.75 ADS, and with the LMG nerf's, i think the devs made a nice and predictive change to the jaguar making it less OP vs the HA's
  10. gigastar

Im actually surprsied the VX6-7 went basically untouched, when i log in later im going to do some rigorous testing to be sure it wasnt a stealth nerf like what happened to the Cosmos when the MAX AI weapons were rebalanced.
  11. Stargazer86

Because there were so many threads about how the Jaguar was OP and needed a nerf?
  12. Sardus

I think they did this because the new grip REDUCES max horizontal recoil. So using a forward grip returns it to the way it was. Otherwise, the thing would be a laser beam now.
    • Up x 1
  13. Fumblewatt

People always complain about the game breaking carbines
  14. Sebyos

Yeah you know all CQC guns that are made for hip firing now suck when using ADS. OUTRAGEOUS !
    • Up x 1
  15. Mambakiller

report for trolling and move along,ppl
  16. Alesteex

Except most people equipped the adv laser on it, not the foregrip. Oh well, back to the Trac5 for me.
    • Up x 1
  17. Cinnamon

Yeah, for a while on test the close quarters high rof weapons like the TAR and Jaguar were laser accurate to extreme long range with just a forward grip.
  18. Udnknome

I can't believe they didn't reduce the reload timer on the GD-7F. Doesn't anyone notice that it has the same reload as a LMG? ?
    • Up x 5
  19. gudman591

Hey SOE, even though you did nerf my favorite weapon in the game, I'm still not buying your new SMGs or whatnot, thanks.
    • Up x 4
  20. Hypest

Jag is more CQC than the lynx... it hipfires better and has better recoil pattern for short-medium ranges. Just go Vanu, looks like they getting even more cookies lately.
    • Up x 2