[Guide] TR Infiltrator Weapons In-Combat Comparison - Planetside 2

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Wristy, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Wristy

I have put together a Video documenting all the weapons in the Infiltrator arsenal. if you have any comments or feedback please comment on the video and i will get back to you asap
  2. MrIDoK

This comparison is so superficial...
    You really haven't played for long with those weapons, except maybe the M77-B, and it can be seen from a mile away.

The 99sv is a very good weapon once you understand it's not a sniper rifle, but more of a battle rifle. Even without unlocks it can chew through multiple people at medium range with ease. It's just a different weapon from a bolt-action rifle and every infil should try and master it instead of thinking "lol, it doesn't ohk, it's useless for a sniper". Spend some time with it, learn its strenghts and its faults, it will reward you with a lot of certs.

The difference between the m77b and the RAMS is quite noticeable at very long range (not at the crown, for example) where the increased speed and punch allow to kill even people with nanoweave 5 and moving targets.

I agree the SR7 needs either to be cheaper or to have another strenght compared to the RAMS, right now its advantages aren't enough to make it a worthwhile choice over the RAMS.

The TSAR is not a "killstealer" rifle by any chance. It rewards good aiming and stealthy movement at close range with the ability to flank an opponent, aim, uncloack, kill, cloack back. All of this in a very short amount of time which usually allows you to sneak away undetected. Didn't try to play this way, didn't you?

I agree on the HSR: it's good but the KSR-35 is more damaging and cheaper, so i wouldn't buy this. Except if you want a laser sight or a 6x optic so badly (and it's because of the 6x i'll smack you on the head with a 99sv).

The SOAS is nice, but with the upcoming SMGs it will be forgot rapidly in favor of them. Yes, it's a low-capacity carbine for the infiltrator, but other than a small advantage at medium range the SMG will probably be better overall.

So, if you really want to compare all of these weapons at least try to use all of them for an extended period of time to find their strenghts and weaknesses before giving your opinion. ;)
  3. Wristy

4. MrIDoK

Well, duh. Thanks for explaining the obvious concept of different faction flavours.
    The only reason i use the m77b is for farming heads at the Crown or to take down annoying infiltrators that hide in the hills being useless to their team while they make a couple of kills per hour.
    Otherwise the 99sv works better overall. We don't have that many long-range firefights where a bolt action is required to be effective, most of the time i spend as infil is to hack terminals or help taking down guys at mid-range, where a bolt action is often too unforgiving and too slow to be really helpful (and a ba is totally useless at cqc).
    That's why i like to get close to NC infils, i'm sure they have only their Bold Driver or a Longshot, which makes them a easy prey once i manage to put a couple of shots in them at mid-range, throwing their aim off and forcing them to retreat or die.
    Tell that to a m77b user that headshots a nanoweave 5 user. That 50 more damage allows you to kill anyone (maybe not a HA with shield?) with a headshot. The difference in leading is that most of the time you don't have to compensate vertically, but only horizontally and by a lower amount. It's really different to snipe at long range with a RAMS than with a m77b, even if you are not going to notice it that often with the low render distance of this game.
    In the end if you're a dedicated long-range sniper go for the RAMS, it makes your job easier. Otherwise it's just a waste of money.

If you miss one shot you don't stick around. With a KSR you may be able to finish off your target, but that takes enough time to allow people to spot you or even start firing, so you end up with 1 kill and all the defenders in the area running towards your position.
    The TSAR rewards good aiming, timing and placement with the possibility of oneshotting defenders while moving mostly unnoticed.
  5. Carl 99

More like it's a **** weapon. Please don't invent stuff it makes you look bad.

There is no way short of hacks to get squeeze enough shots off with this thing before scope sway kicks in to get a kill on anyone who isn't allready pretty shot up. And what you don't kill at that range will kill you. I've seen no end of Infs try what your suggesting, it allways ends one of two ways. Eitheir my LMG guns them down becuase they're so close, or the local freindly infiltrator puts an easy bolt action round through their skull while i'm in cover waiting for my sheild to regen.

An inf thats not running a CQC build that dosen't keep his distance is an easy kill. And if your keeping your distance the semi auto just isn't much good.
  6. MrIDoK

I don't even... I'm not inventing stuff, i really use only the 99sv for the reasons above and i do very well with it.

The scope sway is not a problem at distances <100 meters, where i can usually uncloak and land 3 (or 2) shots before most people react, unless they saw me before. In CQC i'm very vulnerable, but there's the Repeater to compensate a bit.

Obviously, i use it at mid and close range (between 40 and 150 meters, usually) and i run the risk of being killed by my target, but that's not different than with every other class. I tend to exploit the fact that a lot of people don't think that an infil is a threat at that range so they don't take cover, open fire and are surprised when they eat 3 rounds in about a second.

The point is: you assume that you (my target) see me as soon as i fire AND you have time to take cover or retaliate. That's not always true, as you might imagine. I play a bit differently from a sniper that simply sits at range and takes headshots reassured from the fact that only another sniper can kill him.

A quick question, how do you play with the 99sv?