TR in a good spot?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TotalFan, Dec 1, 2014.

1. TotalFan

I had just returned to the game for the recent Thanksgiving break after 3 months (I'm in school so little time for games) and I was surprised at how effective I was on the battlefield. I'm not sure if it was a break from the game or some kind of ninja-buff but I was getting a fair number of kills in tanks/engi/HA. Other than some crazy, "Are you ****ing kidding me!" from being outplayed by beteleguese (damn that gun seems OP pardon my bias) I understood my deaths and were okay with them. Call me crazy but looking at our kit I feel TR is in a pretty decent spot as of late. What're your thoughts on TR's kit?
    • Up x 1
  2. Ironclad Lion

I think overall TR has the best kit. Their guns are easy to use and very effective. As a mostly NC player you can look at my stats and see which faction I have an easier time playing.

But overall, every faction is in a decent spot. Anyone who says otherwise is just mad.
    • Up x 5
  3. CMDante

Most of the TR's stuff is perfectly fine right now. Infantry guns seem to be competitive with the other factions. Mosquito owns the other ESFs. Prowler is still a confused beast and the hardest tank to get the most out of. Striker is still bad, Inquisitor is still bad, Fractures are ****. Our ES AI and AA vehicle guns aren't great, but are looking at some readjustments.

All in all we aren't doing so bad.
  4. david06

You could run around with any joke loadout and get kills among new players during the thanksgiving break, doing well with so many clueless players running around isn't a good gauge of balance.
  5. Hatesphere

Many TR weapons are in a good place, I have been playing TR heavily since the emerald merge and their weapons are just fine, always have been really. not for the faint of heart since you need to know how to burst fire, but they work well. mostly my opinion sure, but just as valid as most stats people attempt to analyze with their GED in math.
  6. Killuminati C

Here a couple of months back they put out an update that made the scopes actually accurate. Previously they were slightly off from where you were actually shooting at. A lot of people have noticed an increase in accuracy as a result.

As to the current state of the TR, I tend to agree. I think they're in a good place myself although there are always those who think they're factions are subpar compared to the rest.
    • Up x 1
  7. Fatal_Finn

For me TR would be perfect, if only Cougar was made 750 rof and 143 damage and if NC's GD-7F's rof was made 750 and TR got one more carbine with 840+ rof.
  8. p10k56

VS and NC guns are better than TR.
    More diversity easier to use. Even NC guns are more noob friendlier despite of some people trying to say opposite.
    Only weapon which needs something like skillz in NC arsenal is SAW. Cos short bursts are so teeeeerible difficult to do.
    Only area where TR go on par or is slightly better are ARs.
    Maxes weapons are worser for TR.
    Pounders are for aimboters, mercy is worser than blueshift and fracture is garbage of first class.
    Opiness of Ravens is finally confirmed even by devs.
    About NC max short range ability is pointless to discuss.
    • Up x 3
  9. Xasapis

Betelgeuse is a stock Orion (zero attachments) with the heat mechanism.
  10. sindz

TR are in an excellent spot. Even their gear which gets nerfed to **** gets fixed in a matter of weeks - and there is a huge buff for the vulcan coming which is borderline game breaking for vehicles.

There is nothing like what the VS have, where the ZoE has been useless for 1 year and the PPA is still garbage a month later, where the striker took 2 weeks to get buffed back up.

Anyone complaining about TR gear, don't play other factions, its that simple.
  11. Kociboss

TR is in a decent spot.
  12. Grumblefern

TR has an okay selection for less experienced players, it's when you get good at aiming that TR starts to fall flat because you don't need the extra rounds and the horizontal recoil makes the TR trait more downside than upside once you have good control of the other aspects of the guns.

They also feel just a bit too stuck in the middle, with lots of "average" guns. They don't have any outstanding weapons IMO. For example: VS has Orion, NC has Cyclone - both of these immediately come to mind as a weapon I'd take over all others in their category. But I can't think of any TR weapons that are better than anything you can get on NC or VS.

I switched to VS and I'm happier here. VS has tons of worthless weapons but I only need a few good ones and the VS's best weapons > TR's IMO. Only thing I've really missed is Pounders.

I'd also add that TR doesn't have very good presence in the vehicle game IMO. Prowlers are insane damage but also the easiest to destroy, and TR has no MAX/infantry weapons that are very effective for hitting vehicles that are moving and/or at longer ranges(VS has Lancer/Vortex, NC has Ravens/Phoenix).
    • Up x 5
  13. SerasVic

To name only one: torq 9
  14. TriumphantJelly

I suppose it was only a matter of time...
  15. Cavadus

Only real complaints with the TR are the Striker and Fracture which were both nerfed into oblivion. Prowler still sucks and you're way better off in a Lightning but we've been that way since launch.

With the Striker and Fracture nerf we do have a harder time against armored attacks than the other two factions, IMO.
  16. david06

Do you play heavy assault at all?
  17. BravoTangoTR

TR guns are good, I just wish they weren't so blah. Most NC guns really feel like they're pounding out more damage per shot than TR or VS guns. Most VS guns feel like laser blasters shooting out death rays. TR guns are supposed to have dakka, but so do a lot of the other factions' guns. I just wish they felt more unique :(
  18. sL360

Precisely. When I figured that out for myself, I was disgruntled for a while. I got over it, but I still think a lot of what other folks are saying has merit.

TR stuff is alright, but it's not unique. Other factions get high rof choices, so it sorta makes you wonder why you'd pick TR for high rates of fire...sure you get more high rof choices, but only a few. It's like you go to look at NC's high damage tiers and realize that they're the ones who have the most 167 tier and the only ones who have 200 dmg tier guns.

That's why people are always talking up TR's assault rifle choices, I feel they're the only gun category where TR's trait truly shines. 10 more bullets with higher rofs than any of the competition, and until I figured that out I never really understood why some people would bash TR's arsenal, especially some of our own players.
  19. sindz

Yes, its the class I play the most. If its weapon selecting you are hinting at: MSW-R, Carv, TMG-50, T32 bull are incredible good LMG's. And not to mention, TR has the best heavy weapon and its the only faction which actually have a special attachment for it. Anything else you'd like to know? Oh, also the best pistol in the game is default on TR.
  20. z1967

Also toss the Jaguar on that list. If any carbine deserves a "better than the default" stamp its the Jag. Its like everything that could possibly go right went right when making the Jag and now LAs/Engis everywhere rejoice at its awesomeness. It was so awesome that it had to be nerfed a few times, and it is still awesome.

Only reason I am not using it is because I decided "lol lets auraxium the burst carbine" and here I am today.