TR Heavy assualt issues:

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by raidzero, Nov 22, 2012.

1. raidzero

Okay, so I am going Heavy. Somethings I noticed....

1: The MCG - Looks cool, sounds cool, would think as a Heavy assualt this gun would be tops... It is... Useless. Does this thing shot spit balls or what??? It doesnt matter the range, it's god aweful. What weapon is best right now?

2: Is it me or does the armor certs do almost nothing?

As a heavy, if I am going against a medic, I would think I could take a bit more damage...

Some advice on what to use because I feel the MCG was a huge waste of points.
  2. Uben Qui

That CARV is arguably the best LMG in the game. The MCG is the best at CQB.

Use your shield as an HA. That is where your extra survivability comes from. It can be toggled. So turn it on and off as needed. Nanite armor is worth it. first one gives you 10% resist to damage. Fully certed is 25% resist. With your shield and nanite armor you are going to survuve much more damage in a 1v1 than that medic can.
  3. Marlboro Man

I was having the same problem. Did some research and its basically that the time to kill is so low in this game that getting the shield active before the server told me I'm dead was difficult for me. It is a skill thing. I lack it, but am practicing vigorously!
  4. H0urg1ass

I honestly don't know how anyone uses the CARV... that piece of **** kicks like a mule. By the time I'm done shooting at someone my mouse has slid off the mouse tray just trying to keep them in my sights.

The MCG is a beast. I mow people down with it like wheat in a thresher.
  5. Incarnadine

LOL.

I'm sorry, but again. LOL.

TR HA's complaining about ANYTHING? The MCG owns everything in CQC, the Carv owns everything other than the MCG at CQC and owns everything other than sniper rifles at every other range.. Seriously? You want god mode next?
  6. Klagmire

I like the MSW-R. Alot less firing to kill a sunbeech. Less bullets though but reloads fast.
  7. alecholman

-Different uses. MCG for close range, CARV for medium range.
    -TTK is short, as been said, so if anything sneaks up on you, it's going to hurt.
    -Have you used the lasher or jackhammer? They are much worse than the MCG.
    -armour: TTK man, you have to max it out and then you'll gain an extra second of life in those situations.

I think the class you're wanting is the MAX. More armour and stopping power.
  8. Fightar

That's all I got from this post.
  9. Gary

Why not try to be contrstuctive... Seems liek a genuine guy having difficulties with his class/load out.
  10. Fightar

Had he said, "I'm having difficulties with the class" instead of, "The current issues with the class are.."
    He's blaming the class instead of the player.
  11. Atillius

Agreed with everyone here, but to add, with the CARV, go into ADS and engage your target in quick bursts, or hold down the trigger and manage the recoil by pushing the mouse forward. MCG is for "room clearing", I rarely use it. Also, restore/med kits are a must!