TR: Happy with current striker?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Embermote, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Loken

Tried it, and have once again removed it from my loadouts, I'm back to the Grounder & ML7 again.
  2. Wildclaw

• 41% more damage per magazine than ML-7 against all ground vehicles except for Harasser where a magazine does 10% less instead.
    • 57% higher velocity than ML-7.
    • Almost 50% higher damage per magazine against Liberators than the Grounder.
    • 20% higher damage per magazine against ESFs.
    • CoF must be managed (Noobs will fail miserably if they auto fire at anything beyond point blank range).
    • High exposure time.
    • Point Blank dps (against ground vehicles) is ~5% higher than the ML-7, but due to noted CoF management, practical dps is a bit lower.
    All in all, it is a very strong weapon against Tanks and Sunderers that has longer effective range than the ML-7, but still doesn't intrude on the SKEP. It is also strong against Liberators. Against ESFs it provides medium deterrence (strong on Hossin).

It is inferior against Harassers, MAXes and infantry.
  3. Nerazim

I have found it effective for defending my sundie. Squad can redeploy back to it with strikers and BOOM goes the ESF with very little warning. Also works nicely when the base you are trying to defend is getting farmed by air. Start spamming strikers!
  4. BarxBaron

TBH its damage/clip size is working out.

IT needs about 10%-15% more velocity, but IMO If it had its current velocity but was NOT effected by gravity-drop it'd be perfect.

In all honesty my only true gripe is that it still does not have a proper unique niche like the pheonix/lancer.

It is just a spammy grounder with much less effective range on air and more exposure time.